Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Night. NME Playlists. Making a Spanish Study Guide.

This is what is happening right now, obviously.



I'm listening to Grouplove and they're really fun and very distracting. I love the NME for whatever reason and they put up a PLAYLISTS(playlists = fun). I need to get back into the music blog circuit, that is if I was ever any part of it, which I wasn't. Have I mentioned my growing obsession with fashion blogs? I can't explain it, seeing as I'm not a fashionable person in real life. If you'd looked at my blogroll you might have worked that out, but you didn't. my point is, they're pretty and distracting and it gets me away from chill wave and all that.



so we took the christmas decorations down yesterday and everything looks so bland, but that goes without saying. I miss Christmas already, it's pretty sad. However, if I keep telling myself it's not ac tally January, I will survive this horrid month. This week has been nothingy. I went to the mall on Sunday(need brown Aldo boots, now).



It's funny how easier things are when you're actually, y'know, doing them. Wish my perpetually anxious head would learn this. Homework was only un,manageable for, like, two days this week which is kind of odd compared to normal. And, people weren't too annoying, though I had my nose in The God Delusion whenever possible, so I guess I wouldn't know. By the way, I'm totally dragging this book out as long as possible, 'cause in an American high school it has some really amazing affects on people. By that I mean, people either see the word 'God' or 'God Delusion' and they think '..oh. okay. gonna avoid this'. And the people who normally talk about my book or to me while I'm reading, don't. It sounds like I'm a brat, and it sounds it 'cause it's true, but it's so much fun. As for the actual content of the book, it's okay, but I've heard better. there are traces of circular logic in there but he's on the right path and at least he's actually speaking out, you know? Better than everyone else. Did you know atheists are the least trusted minority in the country? Me and Richard Dawkins and the other 10-ish percent of this population, we're gonna change that! But this is an internet-generated rant for another day.



So of course right after Christmas, and we have to start getting ready*for finals. They're either on the 20th or the 21st, which is two weeks away, which is a nightmare. what's that, electricity, magnetism, parallel/series circuits? oh yeah, forgotten about you. Geometric proofs? Yeah, maybe in like October. Each and every Spanish tense I've learned this yeah? *shrugs*. I'm terrified. We took a practice Spanish final today and I knew, basically, nothing and it was very, very worrying indeed! Now I have to spend the entire weekend studying for that, have to type up a study guide, re-learn hundreds of words, and then never ever stop worrying because thank you high school, worry is an inevitability. Plus, it's not like normal life stops, oh no. Spanish quiz tuesday, math test next week, probably a science test, like this week. also, I have a final in gym of all classes. Gym! I so can't wait to get out of that class. Only about five classes left!



only good thing this weekend, my sister's going to a bat mitzvah so I can stay at home and put on Elbow really loud. By the way, Leaders of the Free World is amazing and there's only like three months until their new album, and I swear it's gonna be like Peep Show Series 7 all over again and I'm gonna count down the days because I. LOVE. ELBOW.



oh yeah, Peep Show leads me to TV! I finished all of Getting On and I loved it, naturally, although it did get randomly dark--by dark I mean really, really dark for a show which at the end of the day is a comedy show--but it has some really clever moments, and it's cool that it's written by three women, because there's a definite lack of funny women in the comedy world at the moment. then, I watched one episode of Black Adder and thought it was okay, but let's face it, outdated and not what I'm used to. really interesting to see how comedy and TV has changed.



then, I got through all four series of Mitchell and Webb. I was never that big a fan because of that damn post-apocalyptic quiz show sketch that seemed to rear its ugly head a thousand times. I never even liked it anyway! Too exaggerated! One trick pony! So it really surprised me when I went through all of the other episodes just how good, they were--really, so so good for something which could so easily be misinterpreted as a sort of odd Peep Show spinoff. The quality of the writing was extremely impressive, and you could totally hear when David was writing. Love him.(since I am female, English, and have hit puberty, this is a given). It kinda outshines all the other sketch shows I've ever seen, and almost all of the comedy shows(bar, er, one. bet you can't guess...) I've ever seen. Which is pretty amazing, and amazing how much my views of this show have changed in two weeks.



Shame I'm gonna have to suffice with David Mitchell appearing on QI and Mock The week occasionally(are these shows on at the moment?). Life is sad without him and Robert.



and uh, yeah, that's about it. I'm going to go watch something on TV and eat toast.



sigh. I'm so boring I haven't a clue why the five-ish people who read this even do. one's supposed to be yourself, and I'm sure it's all well and good saying that if hundreds of people read your pretty-looking, almost-interesting blog. I'm here embracing by wannabee version of the weird reality I'm supposed to be into. Oh, standards.



anyway. bye.





* I use 'getting ready' as a sort of euphemism.

No comments:

Post a Comment