Monday, January 24, 2011

Freedom For Two Days.

finals are done, baby! finally! words can't describe this level of relief. I had geometry 1st block. My teacher got annoyed with the state of my textbook and I had a headache for most of the 90 minutes that I was there for. There was only one question I really couldn't do--the others were fine, bar the odd point taken off for units or something, a careless habit I've yet to shake. I came home after that for lunch. I watched Mitchell&Webb again and studied for Spanish. My mom dropped me off and I walked back to the school--it was negative 21 degrees Celsius today, wow! I was the only one who found something oddly refreshing and lovely in that, I think. I never liked the cold before. only in this extreme, I suppose.

Spanish was listening(80%, but whatever) and then two short little essays. While I try hard to be wordly and set my goals too high(life plan; do Spanish through to senior year to the tiniest degree of fluency. after, learn about of german for the sake of it. then get a bit comfortable with french, live out my wildest stereotype-induced dreams of Parisian sophistication etc. for a few years. get head around a language that isn't romance--swedish, preferable--. move to Stockholm. buy woolen jackets and listen to saccharine scandinavian pop music. decide I'm not hardcore enough for all that, buy a house in Kent and eat salt and vinegar crisps and buy the NME every wednesday. where was I?), I can't say the language was particularly enjoyable this year. kinda just wanna get it done. haha. ditto geo, but everyone knows geo is the most useless mathematics class you can ever possibly take(bar statistics, I 'spose) so it doesn't matter much.

it's a bit difficult fathoming that this semester is over, like I said a couple posts ago. I won't miss Spanish or gym--I will miss everything else. so many inside jokes and stuff. high school is remarkable fun, I've found. there are a lot of silly, stupid people but a brain, a book, and a good collection of Divine Comedy songs I have found will sort that out.

my schedule starting Thursday; B day art, G day health, 2nd science, 3rd history, 4th english. I know a few people in my art class already, and one in my world civ. Yeah, I really don't actually know anyone.(it's entertaining seeing all my middle school friend's and their rapidly expanding social groups this year and their vast, vast knowledge of freshman gossip and I'm all like..."er, who are you talking about? I don't know who that is?". such a weirdo). Study will be sorely missed. I hear this particular science is hellish. art should be fun, health is a breeze bar the "OH MY GOD IT'S SO AWKWARD" stupid people who litter the classes and the lunch discussions and the universe, history sounds fun because it's actually different to what I've done before. english is my favorite subject generally though I've heard this year it's a bit disappointing. still, I'm a delusional nerd who's excited to read books this year, actually read not just own a copy of To Kill A Mockingbird for two months and be all like "he is racist. he isn't. the end".(cough cough 8th grade cough cough). I just heard Animal Farm is a selection? like, wow wow wow why didn't I know about this? next year or the year after, I hear we read The Great Gatsby which I really must pick up, and that will become the crux of my high school life, I think.

anyway, to staples tomorrow and the mall, to black swan the day after. possibility of a snow day so maybe something else, I don't know. it's like a 2nd weekend!

you find me without anything to say. i mean literally without words, not just the vapid stuff I babble on about most days. this sense of freedom is a funny thing. I read a lot today, especially Lucky and Peter Doherty's journal book thing, which is worth a read. I really want to be a Trilby or a Pork Pie hat. I actually can't wait until february, I'm counting down the days. for 28 days I try to shut off the world, read books, and listen to everything by Peter Doherty day after day. well at least i did last year. really, it's fun. I do wish he'd work on something now though. he's probably doing some 'Shambless stuff but it's not like anyone pays attention.

oh yeah, another 18+ dissappointment. Foals!(marry me, Yannis) Freelance Whales supporting! Wow! Ugh! Stupid people. sigh.

I'm gonna leave with a video again.



I discovered this lady today. the guitar is so, so beautiful. plus, I kinda have a thing for Guy Garvey. by 'thing' I mean I love him--who doesn't?--even though he is surely turning into Henry VIII. I listened to Leaders of the Free World all day today and it never stops being amazing. I heard he can't read music. I hate those sorts of people, writing some of the most amazing music of their time and not, technically, writing music in a literal sense. some of work hard and don't write anywhere near as astonishing music, Guy! whatever he does turns to audible gold which is why, Guy, I will literally pay you anything to drag your band around this country. K? K.

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in your lunch again which will be good. It seems it's just us this time. Black Swan looks really good, and I hope you did well on finals. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete