Friday, January 21, 2011

did you do it for fame did you do it in a fit did you do it before you read about it?

I just watched parts of Who Is Poly Styrene, an episode of The Punk Years, and then listened to Roxy Music, The Au Pairs, Velvet Underground, and the Stooges for an hour. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing or what is happening to my music taste lately.

now for good measure, to All Time Low I go.


today was another snow day. most people didn't want one so they could be done with finals, but I was really not ready for geometry so I think it was probably for the best. it does ruin my four day weekend, but I get Tuesday and Wednesday off anyway so it doesn't really matter. if you exclude June, we have more time off school. plus, all I have to do this weekend is study! in other words, nothing! This weekend is super amazing though this doesn't feel like a snow day.

This afternoon I listened to a lot of Elbow and Ke$ha and flicked between reading Alice Sebold's Lucky0--and being so, so jealous of her amazing writing schedules--and Peter Doherty's Book of Albion and being so so jealous of his creativity and complete infatuation with his whole Good Ship Albion thing he's been spinning since like '96. mygoditissoooooenglish. I mean this in a good way, really I do, I could go on for a long, long time about my, to be honest, not insubstantial knowledge of British music and how Peter Doherty, through all his skirmishes, played a very important element in all of that because it's really interesting, but I won't. all I know is, I will never be as cool as Peter in any way. fuck it, I want to talk about art films and London and pork pie hats and gin in teacups and I don't care how pretentious that might make me. He's amazing. Read his book. NOW.

oh yeah, then I tried to come to a conclusion about Noel Gallagher's new group, Beady Eye(result; please shut up and go away, Noel, and let the Britpop and post-punk revival stragglers die a natural death), went for a walk in my snowy back yard, and relived my childhood via Ratchet and Clank and really nerdy walkthroughs of Jak and Daxter.

this weekend is the same. Hopefully mall tomorrow or day after. stay in, stay up late and watch Edward Scissorhands over and over. researching stuff about V Festival(fest I go to) lineup, which is gonna be released for real in little over a month. Rumours are spreading. I cannot wait for the festival, too, literally I cannot. Eminem and Arctic Monkeys headliners? plus REM, Rihanna, Paolo Nutini? Oooh, yes please! Especially Arctic Monkeys. I totally adore them, but I've only seen them once, at a place in Boston the December before last. I was second row and two people fell on me. My parents had to pull me out. All in all, I wasn't very aware of the concert. I know, a summer festival with a crowd roughly ten times as big will be no better but the energy will be great, I'll be with friends, and people will know the songs more. Trust me, it'll be euphoric. and oh yeah I've made it through the Prodigy, headlining V on their home ground('this is our fucking party' I remember being a sort of theme for the night) so anything else is nothing.

so other than the mall I need to get more music mags, study, and begin operation Convince My Mother To Let Me See Black Swan, for tueday or wednesday. it'll be exciting. :D

oh yeah, so The Kills, whom I'm starting to love, finally released some tour dates for their new album. I wanna go see someone live, so I thought this would be a good idea. I check the dates, and there's a Boston one and I go to the website and of course, just my luck, it's 18+. to add insult to injury, it's the day after my birthday and I would have loved to have seen them. I feel like I'm gonna see no one this year. I'm hoping for Florence again towards the end of the year, Kasabian if I'm lucky, Elbow if I'm even more lucky. sad stuff. moving on.

right, so I'm gonna go watch something on TV, but I leave you with Tired Pony 'cause I have a thing for completely bland pop rock songs. also, I love the video.




Bye :D

No comments:

Post a Comment