Monday, September 27, 2010

without him I am only revolutions of ruin.

Hello world.



I'm eating salt and vinager crisps/chips/whatever at the moment. They're my favorite kind. It's weird because most places don't sell them. And also, salt and vinegar are suppsoed to be blue, ready salted red, etcetera. I hate when they mess around with the colors. I love how I'm refering to 'them' like they're this big corporation we're supposed to oppose. I mean yeah they're a big coporation but I sound like I'm trying to be such a rebel for disliking crisp colors. Yeah, fight the power.



I'm just about done with homework now. I mean, I'm totally and completely lost with math at the moment and I have a test tomorrow which is fantastic obviously. What exactly is the point of a geometric proof? I hate it. Everyone at my table(which, by the way, is all the shy kids thrown together for no real reason. Silly teacher) was completely lost, too, and the teacher made it no clearer. My mom looked at it, and she had no clue either. The rules are too stupid and particular you can't do anything with them. So fail this test I will.

I'm probably best at math out of everything at the moment, oddly. I got 100% on a quiz last week. First 100% of the year and I really didn't deserve it but oh well, a hundreds a hundred right? Spanish is going okay in terms of quizzes and stuff, although I had an oral quiz last week which did not go too well. I keep making an idiot of myself in front of the class, but that happens the whole time anyway. At least we changed seats and I'm sitting next to a friend of a friend and this quiet guy who seems nice, rather than the snob and the guy who cracks his gum too loud. And we haven't sung anything in a few days, hoorah.

Science is going okay too. Got an 85% on a test. Not great but I'd say fairly average judging by the looks of things. I did okay on my lab which is weird because I hate labs. I actually like Newton's laws this time around. I hated it in 7th grade. It makes sense now and I like it.

Things are just generallys o much better than 6/7/8th grades now, anywa. I miss seeing all my friends evereyday, but I do not miss how nervous and stressed and stuff I felt last year. I feel so much better now. I do miss seeing all my friends in the hallway but just about everything else is okay.

Oh, except gym. Gym was a nigthmare today. In gym you basically have to physically attach me to someone running to make me run. Remarkabley, they knew that. I was in a chain of people today holding hands as they ran to catch other people. I hate running. Then we had to do one of this logic problems where you're standing on mats and you can barely make everyone fit and you end up just holding on to each other for dear life. And then, get this, we play this puzzle game and if you get it you're "in the possy" and if you don't you're out until you do. I never get that stuff anyway but whatever. I was actually told by someone else how to do it I just couldn't be bothered. That's the honest truth. But it's sort of humiliating ansd unfuriating how when you're the last of two people left and everyone's giving it away and laughing. Especially now that the group's supposed to be about friendship and making conncections and having higher self esteem. BS. And then these girls who I actually like walked back mocking my accent. My accent kinda gave away the trick that got me into the group. Partly why I was embarassed with it. But anyway, it's weird with the accent thing because A it hasn't happened in a long time and B Rarely was it as bad as that. I'm not saying it's such enormous discrimination because it obviously isn't, it's just sort of frustrating and sadenning when it happens. I wad acvtually pretty upset after all that. Read my book in the hallway after gym. Ha.

I have study hall tomorrow. It's both a laugh and a burden. Some girl's started sneaking in now to talk to her boyfriend who's so loud and disrupts everyone anyway, and she just kinda doubles it. Poor kid in my class is fourteen and looks half his age and he has now developed the niockname "Minny Allen" And then they throw paper planes and giggle and the happy couple kiss and it's blooding annoying. Then again, it's not gym.

Had a great weekend, too. it was *name of my town* Day on Saturday which was great fun. Got slightly freaked by all thepeople I could potentially happen(don't know what that happens, but id does) but it was great, they had a lot of stores and it was well into the 80s temperature wise which was great because I'm growing to hate fall. I got Swiss bread that I got before. Walked around. Looked at stuff. I like days like this. And, oh, get this, The Candles were there. The Candles are huge. Reviewed in the NME and everything. I 'd actually heard of them before, which is weird for such a smalle event. They really didn't deserve The Candles, but hey, they got them! And it was great. Adorable. great summer music. I got their CD although I'm not sure it's the sort of thing I would ordinarily listen to. Still, it was fun. Next Saturday I have a neighborhood autumn party type thing. A ton of people are going and it's gonna be absolutely phenomenal. Can't wait.

I read the new Ellen Hopkins book, Fallout and it was pretty mediocre. Fun to read but had no plot. I'm not sure how realistic her characters are but I can never really see myself in normal teen characters, so maybe I'm not the best resource for that. I loved Crank and Glass was pretty good and I've read a lot of her other books and I liked those, but Fallout didn't quite do it for me.

I ordered (the readable) Only Revolutions sa few days ago because I am really that much of a Biffy Clyro fan. I'm like 40 pages in and my God it is phenomenal. Almost compelte nonsense, but profundly beautiful, intimindating, unique, revolutionary, poetic, realistic, entertaining, daunting. You spend half your time reading it upside down and it's clever. There are some things that are so quotable in there, too. It's extordariny. Writing hasn't really done anything new in...well, quite a long time and it's people like this guy who make it more interesting. Like, way more itneresting. it's nothing short of spectacular, I promise you, and easily one of my favorite books. Anyone who can read must go and read it NOW.

I'm gonna cram for math and find a song I like that's actually on iTunes. It will be a tricky hour. Then I'm gonna forget all of that and listen to the Pope Song by Tim Minchin until I fall asleep.

Guten nacht, all.

- Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment