Wednesday, September 22, 2010

the birds and the bees have all caught STDs(not that this is at all relevant)

Hello world.

Guys, a line has been met. I have now officially seen every single Peep Show episode there has been. Yes, it is very sad. Until November there is no more Mark Corrigan quotes for me to discover. Very sad indeed. Until November I'll just have to keep updating my AIM with random excerpts of wit and keep telling myself I will one day create a band called the Big Beat Manifesto, just because of Jez and Superhans. I thought that was worth noting.

I'm listening to Tinie Tempah for some reason I can't really explain. Enough of that. I can't explain my music at the moment--I'm on a poetry writing tip which never happens because I can't write anyway, I barely practiced piano this week, and my CD player keeps vomiting up the All Time Low CD I impulse purhcased over the weekend. When I say vomiting, they can actually write a better whiny emo song than most. Maybe it's the hair. At least, that's what all their copycat bands seem to think it is.

Oh, but I got Brandon's new album. I'm gonna see him now--It's a loyalty thing I can't seem to shake. I wanted to see The Antlers--I saw them in June--but it was 18+. Again. Why is it 18+? it's so unfair.

It felt like summer again--yay, I'm slightly happier and feel free! Today the weather got to eighty degrees or around there and I got to wear shorts in the afternoon. Not at school sadly. It's freezing when I wake up anyway. My lunch table was stupid again and we didn't sit outside. I guess it's not my choice. I choose to sit with them, I sit where they sit, but it was so nice outside. They also talked about how certain phones suit certain genders and some peoples' 8th grade English teacher. Again. I need a new lunch table.

I'm not sure what there is to say about school, but that's all that's really going on, so I suppose I'm obliged to. A few days ago I somehow gave myself a headache from yawning so much. I didn't know that was possible--hey, turns out it is. I got to miss half of Spanish, which was great because I'm growing to hate Spanish. Oh yes, that's something else entirely--I regret Spanish. I was gonna take German because I'm so bad at Spanish, but then I figured German would be much the same, except with three articles and a lot more unpronounceable words. So, Spanish it was. Turns out, not a good idea. While my quizzes are going okay, I guess, I keep humiliating myself because we keep playing games and going in the language lab(which is a vile thing, regardless of language or teacher) and I can never do anything right. It kinda sucks. I'm gonna switch to German next year. I'm sick of being told German isn't as useful as Spanish. I just generally hate the idea that another language is useful. It isn't. Less so as we get older than now, even. That's not to say another language shouldn't be learned. Of course it should! The usefulness thing, though, that's not the point--it's all about culture. You just don't realise that when you start age eleven. So yeah, I'll learn German instead, although it seems to happen all the emo kids are in German. Not sure why. If I do German next year I'll be in a class of emo freshman, I would imagine. Joy of joys.

Gym class. Gym class. It's a love/hate relationship. I was actually forced into running yesterday and then we did the most humiliating games. First this clapping and naming things game, which I lose virtually every time. And then this game where everyone has to run under a jump rope(increasing sets of tasks once that's done) and if you do it wrong, everyone starts it again. You know me, I'm always the one to run at the wrong time, conjugate the simple verbs incorrectly, or write the answers in science in letters rather than numbers. I am that person. And it doesn't help having the weight of 36 people on my shoulders. My stupid brain. Hell, how is there any point to that game? To humiliate me? To be given sneering looks from other girls in the class and laughs from the guys? That's supposed to help with the self esteem crap and have fun and make us participate as a team as opposed to shout at each other? There's a flaw in that logic. The good thing is, we're supposedly working so badly as a team, that they might split up our two classes meaning my class of like eighteen. All my friends included. Aha, yes--that would be heavenly. Probably not gonna happen, but I can hope.

today was picture day. Not much going on there. A half hour out of classes, hoorah!

Tomorrow I have both a Spanish and a Geometry quiz. We're doing statements and conditionals in geometry, it's good because it barely appears mathematical. On the contrary, science appears very mathematical at the moment, I'm so done with physical science when I get the chance. No, biology all the way, no matter what my family keeps doing. But today in science we got off to a tangent about astronomy and velocity and gravity and stuff and no one started rolling their eyes or anything. Like, it was in complete seriousness. I have the greatest science class ever. Like in the mornings, I'm normally the second outside my class and eventually it becomings a coming and going of like fifteen people. Which is great fun, because I'm normally so quiet most of the day, it's nice to get out there the slightest bit for a little while. Today I was talking to three or four people in my Science class, one in my Spanish, one at lunch, and some friends of acquaintances. I don't know why I love those mornings so much-but I do.

Mockingjay is the most overrated book imaginable. come on, I could have written that. Oh wait, I'm too realistic to write a character as pathetically fake as Katniss, I think. And the plot isn't even interesting, like the first two. Come on. And stop patronizing me, author--Yes, I do know about war, thank you very much. Your stupid post-apocalyptic nonsense didn't clear anything up. One star. Wonderful.

"The birds and the bees, have all caught STDs". Just thought I should mention that. LYRICS OF THE YEAR. Nice one, Mystery Jets.

I didn't have that much to do today, but I did have piano and I have studying. Bye blog

- Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment