Wednesday, September 1, 2010

It's Day One and I "Have No Time To Be Writing This"

Hello.

No seriously. I really don't have time. Like, I'm still running on GMT so my head thinks it's sort of 2:30 in the morning rather than 9:30 and I'll be falling asleep at my keyboard pretty soon so I need to go to bed, but I can't because I'm on a specific reading schedule because I want to read 50 books a year, and I'm about three days behind. And, I've convinced myself, stupidly, that I need to blog here. But when a highschooler says they don't have time to be writing this, it's a hundred times more convincing than a middle schooler saying it. And I am not a middle schooler anymore. So yes, i get away with minor excuses!

the bus ride wasn't so bad. Waking up was okay, with time to spare. I'm friends with two people on my bus. Our bus driver complains how he isn't getting payed for the driving somehow. I still had like 30 minutes to spare once I got there and I didn't wanna waste time at my locker that day so I hung out in the hallway which felt tantalizingly independent. physical Science was right by my friend's ,ocker so me and my other friend went in there. We were early and got talking to a girl inf front of us until the rest of the class dribbled in. I knew a few people. Not looking very promising, though, in terms of people who I might actually like. The same group of boys in American Eagle outfits and girls in short-shorts and tanktops. Judgemental, yeah, but it's a pretty efficient way of sorting people out. my teacher seems a little abrasive, but nice enough. Her class will be the hardest, no question, I've heard some accusations of 'btichyness' floating around. But it's all good. We pretty much got ourselves assigned seats, went over lunches, rules, regulations, how the school works, grading, all that good stuff etcetera and then we were divided into groups to build towers out of straws and paper clips. it's the sort of thing I've been doing in Engineering for the past two years endlessly and I absolutely loathe it. god, I hope the whole class isn't like that. I was the one who twiddled her thumbs because I couldn't care less about these towers, while my two assigned partners helped built. It didn't stand up. my friend has a spectacularly stupid design that came in second place, haha!

Second block was shorter, Geometry. Took a sort of accidental detour around the building to look for it and wandered into the wrong class because it wasn't labelled properly, but found it eventually. have one sort of friend, two other people from my middle school, and a few friends of friends. the teacher seems friendly, if hardgoing. She's really into the online stuff, which sucks because I forgot to activate mine the day before. But no matter. We had a short block, Thank God, and she just went over the basic rules, assigned us a little bit of homework, and went over some math terms. Spanish was waaaay easier to find. I was one of the first there. Just me and one other friend. I'm sorta hating my class right now, full of Sophomores who don't give a damn and obnoxious boys, frankly. Not promising. The teacher was nice and she did speak in English--some don't--and was very friendly and everything. We went over some All About You and then I had lunch--middle lunch--and they had pizza and turns out I got a good lunch. My Spanish friend, one other good friend, and at least three or four acquaintances. We ate lunch quickly and didn't have much else to do, so we wandered around the building which was cool and then went back to finish Spanish where we went over some verbs, rules, and question words for 40 minutes. Then it was a long route down to Project Challenge, or Gym That Isn't Actually Gym. it's one of those corny self-esteem building things that I hate. However, I hate actual gym more, much much more, so it all works out in the end. I knew six or seven people there, though I'm not really friends with anyone. they talked about the kinda team building stuff, two teachers, one kinda loud and annoying, the other quieter and friendly. We were split into groups of two and given trick question quizzes for a while. My partner was nicer than I expected, smart too. In the end we got 13 out of 25 and came third out of the whole class. to be fair, I had seen several of those before and I already knew the answers. that was, somehow, pretty much it as far as that class went. I was on 1st floor so getting back to the bus was easy.

And, well, that is pretty much high school until January-Februaery time for me. Except study hall tomorrow. Oooh, I have no expectations of study hall. I finally got my homework done, although today I had to have my first piano lesson since July and go get school supplies. the piano lesson went great. I'd forgotten a little, but overall I think I caught up pretty quickly. Next week I'm getting a book io simple classical pieces. She seemed unsure of me wanting to learn classical on piano, although it would strike me as a popular thing for pianists. But hey, I learn that or, like, Keane and the former is obviously more fun to play. And yeah, I tried to be quick with supply shopping but it did take some time out of the day which was kinda frustrating, and I've pretty much had to work almost nonstop since. It'll be easier for me tomorrow because I have more time. And I can actually reda. I don't know I'll have time right now.

I had a great day. For some reason I thought the school was kinda great, in the way that it's big and independent and they don't act like they care about you as an individual. Just the way I like things. Oh, the freedom!

Not much else to report, I suppose. I'm not really missing England yet. it won't start till i start to hate school, I suspect. Give it a few weeks. That being said, today is NME Day and it's sad I can't get it anymore. Grrr. I have a love-hate relationship with the NME, no question. Also there's stuff like the TV I miss. Oh yeah, I'm in a Peep Show phaze. Gotta love Mark. Really, I do. I've never seen a fictional character more like me and it rocks and sucks at the same time! I need to load all my CDs to iTunes soon. Also, I need the Freelance Whales CD which came out like a week ago, and I feel like getting the Arcade Fire for the sake of it. it seems like the sort thing you need to listen to in the whole record form to understand you know?

Anyway. Bye for now!

- Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment