Monday, September 13, 2010

It's Nine Twelve

Hello.


Miraculously, I finished my homework today and it wasn't even six. How great is that? Thank you school. Some days I hate you. Some days I love you. you're being especially weird and moody at the moment. I wonder why that is.

I was gonna start this a half hour ago, but I was distracted by Peep Show quotes and Kevin Devine. It's very difficult to go hunting down new music, you know, when I'm trying to write something. I might go get High Violet from downstairs. Matt from The National's voice is one that will surely grate after a few listens, sadly, or at least I think. If you listen to it too consistently, actually, rather than too much. Wait, what am I saying? That makes no sense. What I find beautifully ironic about Matt is that he has a slimmer vocal range than your average person, let alone your average singer, and yet he wins all these "Best male Voice" awards the whole time. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it--my God, he does. He's voice is stunning. The whole thing is funny, that he's so good. I hate the idea lately that art is about doing as much as you can as fast as you can. It isn't. Art is so much more. Thus, I present to you, The National.

Anyway, I didn't mean to write that. So, school, school, school. I got 11% above average on a science test. Pretty damn good considering I did not deserve such a grade. We're working on speed and acceleration and vector quantities. Don't ask. I don't wanna know about all that stuff anyway. Who would? Spanish I had a quiz today and, again, I was too lucky with that stuff. I shouldn't deserve to understand it all. Possibly the best Spanish class so far. I'm growing to hate all of them. Geometry I have a quiz tomorrow and I'll probably do okay, it's just vocab this time around. My Geometry teacher's annoyed because I don't talk enough, or something*, but hey, so is everyone. It shouldn't really bother me as much as it does. She's annoying, though. She gives more homework than Science and Spanish combined and claims it will take a half hour. No, it won't. If I knew the answers instantly, the writing along would take more than a half hour! Loads of people are dropping the class. It's sort of an okay thing to do. I don't like this class.

I didn't have study hall today, which I'm growing to love, but I did have gym. Naomi, keep telling yourself you still hate gym, even though you know that's not true. Not once today did I get really frustrated and upset at myself because I did something stupid in a game. No, we played every body's it, and got into partners and I was with who I was partners with first day. For all his basketball shirts and annoying football friends, he's pretty nice and cool. There were worse people in the class. Then we played group games. it was cool. Gym class is my favorite still, the people are nice mostly. Do I found myself actually excited for gym? Oh wow, I think I do.

The nice thing about school at the moment(and possibly about high school in general? I'm not sure) is how unsure everybody is in terms of friends, that they're just willing to talk to everyone. The mornings are great, the position of my science room is brilliant. I was talking to three or four girls in the hallway that morning, most I had never talked to before and it was okay because they weren't sure what to say, either. Same with Geometry, and gym especially. I've talked to so many people, oddly, and they don't care if you talk to them either and it's really relaxed and I haven't developed a burning hatred for anyone yet. that's what's so cool. it's one of my favorite things about it.

*In relation to my Geometry teacher, again, when she asked us questions about ourselves on one of the first days she asked us to 'rate our shyness' 0-10, ten being the least, supposedly being the optimum. I used to think the idea that shyness isn't a sort of defect or major problem went without saying, but lately, I'm not so sure. The next day 'we got very few people under a 5...and we'll deal with those people as we go along'. What the hell? You'll deal with my three? (or was it two? I'm not sure. Three is fairest). That's horrid. Basically saying that I have a personality problem, a defect in my brain, that I'm socially inept, etcetera. What the fuck is that? that's sick. Horridly extroverted human beings, ugh, yuck.

Basically other than that, I just finished reading a book called Sarah's Key. I can't remember the author. But it was great. I'm going through a WWII phase at the moment. The book started out horrible and then halfway through it got absolutely unbelievable. Go read it. However, I do hope it doesn't give you a dream when one minute you're at a swimming pool in a manor house and then you're being moved to a concentration camp. Because that happened to me. Okay, I'm done with these books for the moment.

I can actually probably get this in time for Peep Show or something. Only 9:49, Jesus, I'm learning to use my time well. Other than that, go listen to Gold Panda, I'm obsessed with Manchester Orchestra, and Peter Doherty is wittier than you are I will ever be, regardless of his mental state. I bet that's why journalists fuck with him so much. JEALOUS. haha. anyway, see you guys some other time.

- Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment