Friday, February 4, 2011

in which my worry that I have far too much time on my hands and watch too much BBC is made official.

I have come to an awkward point in my televisual fangirl career, in that I've been struggle to decide who is the best-written character ever; Mark Corrigan from Peep Show, Sir Digby Chicken Cesar from M&W or, most recently, Malcolm from The Thick Of it. See, it's my new obsession and it will be of most of my Friday nights for most of the year from now on. everywhere I go, all the 'Best British Shows Of The Deacde" things, The Thick of It is the only contemporary that really consistently gives Peep Show a run for its money. don't get me wrong, Peep Show is half my life, I love it to death and I will probably crumble away when it inevitably reaches its end in three or four years time, but this show is so so good too. I would highly, highly recommend it. Peter Capaldi + Rebecca Front + James Smith equals love, love, unconditional love in my head.

Regardless of preferences for the actual show, Peep Show and all those involved have the better tumblr pages. have you seen 'fuckyeahrobertwebb'? Jesus Christ, the fangirling gets rather troubling there. (and David's so much cooler, everyone knows that, even if he isn't gonna start hosting Never Mind The Buzzcocks any day soon).

OH OH OH I'm so far behind on my once-beloved Never Mind The Buzzcocks episodes it's kind of ridiculous. like yeah, I got though Webb's and Tim Minchin's and Katherine Tate's and as much Frankie Boyle as the average person can stomach, but I've fallen out of my love for it. probably, quite simply, because I would eat my own fingers to get Simon Amstell back there. please, Simon? please? you haven't got anything better to do right? the new episodes get kinda boring and the guests were kinda B list. I was impressed that they got Cee Lo Green, sure. I've been kind of hoping they'll shove some indie 'alternative' guy on there again...or another Dappy or someone. THEY GOT EXAMPLE AGAIN HE IS EVERYWHERE AND I HATE HIM. okay, this paragraph is beyond pathetic in structure and I will end with saying Noel Fielding's still funny and awesome and attractive in a way no one has yet to describe properly.


and yeah I just started watching some of 10 O'clock live which is David Mitchell, Jimmy Car, Charlie Brooker, and Lauren Laverne's new-ish jokey news show and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. like, this sort of thing is worth watching maybe on election night if you think you're a bit above all the usual chaos, but not every week, right? and it's so far left and rather contrived, if I didn't want to marry David I would hate it, I'm afraid. however, I will look further into it for a better opinion. food for thought, hmm. it's the sort of show that's probably very addicting in the end, and I'll regret this whole paragraph. feel like I should be running through the entirety of the BBC lately, haha.

It has been a dull week. Ending up listening to the Streets one way or another, picking up stupid fashion mags, reading the NME, and realizing just how pointless 9th grade English is. developing a sudden desire to listen to the White Stripes a lot, I really do define what is to be hated about the oe-track-minded people of today.

I love Fridays but I did nothing today. it's quite frustrating, since I find free time is rare during the week. I have little planned for the weekend. I'll be spending most of it trying to get my head around Peter Doherty's new blog. he's starring in some shitty French 'art film'(shudder) at the moment. I'm actually very disappointed. for some reason he's doing a one-off tour in the UK and in Germany which isn't fair. has he done a US tour? is he allowed to do a US tour? I'm not so sure. Certainly, the attempt would kill him. but I would really, really like a Babyshambles album out some time between now and the end of time.

Musically the latter end of the year is probably going to turn out quite well for me. sure, we've got the Kills in a few months. after, Elbow, Kasabian(fingers crossed), Arctic Monkeys, etc. plus, I'm expecting more people to go into the studio soon after. Biffy Clyro can't tour the same album for forever(Florence Welch would say otherwise, I'm sure). A Flo album would be lovely too, though she is going to be such a victim to second album syndrome, no wonder she's putting it off. the Killers are getting back together in May. it is a cause for celebration, most definitely.

Health stuff is silly. Ugh, 'All About Me' things really are getting on my nerves. does the teacher really think we take this stuff seriously? although the problem lies mostly with my life, or lack thereof. I have no achievements, no big ones, none that I would really want to announce to twenty other people. same with goals. and hobbies. I sound like the completely dysfunction human being that I am, plus I have a huge list of favorite bands. and art is annoying, obviously there's no better way to make someone feel completely useless at everything.

my initial enthusiasm for this new semester is dwindling...

luckily I know everything we're doing in science at the moment, and world civ is oddly cool. ugh, english english english. it's all vocab and parts of speech and short stories, frankly it is beyond tedious. and last block, every day! it's rather hellish. I did homework for almost six hours on tuesday. I cannot continue like this. I'm hoping for another snow day this week(thursday?). we've got one more potential snow day left before they start taking off spring vacations. with nothing to do apart from whine about my homework for the rest of winter, snow days are still a very attractive idea.

I'm so not in the mood for blogging and I have a new Klaxons CD to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment