Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I have the greatest news ever. and then I complain.

Today, I came home from school, a pathetic and wonderful 45 minutes of homework and a piano lesson, and of course, first thing I did was check Facebook.



What do you know, a Tim Minchin Fanpage update? Hmmm, always nice, I'm thinking, but lately they're always concert dates that are far out of my reach. I mentally sigh. Where to this time, Tim?



The link is to his blog, titled



wait for it



"Fancy that! A Boston Tim party In June"



dfgjhslkdjfhglskdhglsdfrjhgl WHAT?!



excuse the general idiocy of this, but OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. Tim Minchin? Here? June 4th? Playing? here? Tim Minchin? Here? Here?



and best of all, NO AGE RESTRICTIONS.



guys, this is phenomenal. I never thought this could ever happen, ever. Ever. Oh my God, this is amazing. amazing. I loooooove Tim Minchin, I think he's simply amazing, as anyone who reads my blog should know. I hope you think this too, or at least know of Tim. I basically love him as much as is possible. Being word-perfect on Storm shows dedication. seeing him would be heavenly.

my dad's into Tim Minchin now, haha. He basically takes whatever songs are on iTunes for his iPod, including my 15 Tim Minchin things. He walks in today after work and he says "Naomi, your man Tim Minchin...is kind of a genius". HA. told you all he's amazing. and trust me, my dad's a pretty tough customer when it comes to musicals and musical comedy and basically anything that isn't The Cure or Siouxsie and the Banshees.

I know it's be weird, seeing him with my parents. and people will think I'm weird. and chances of there being anyone there my age are virtually nonexistent. still, this is an amazing chance right here and I don't care what people think. anything for Tim.

and oh, what will he play? I'm so excited for new songs! He just keeps getting better and better, really. Obviously there's be Prejudice, Inflatable You, If I Didn't Have You. I'm REALLY hoping Storm has a chance, also Rock n Roll Nerd and The Good Book. the last one is unlikely, but it's one of my favorite Tim Minchin songs of all time so it would be sooo amaaazzzing.

this so totally broke the Endless Cycle Of Misanthropy that has been this week so far. and yeah you're getting a waterdown version of it. hold on tight, everyone.

In Art, all we're doing is perspective except I do everything wrong and the teacher neer explains anything. good thing I missed some of today's lesson. guidance counselor appintment. ugh. It's not like we talked about anything except he kept forcing me to get into some after school club. for...dun dun dun college. ugh, it's a nightmare. it makes me skin crawl. at least half my living family went to Cambridge. Every family gathering is shrouded by percentiles and A-levels and GCSE results and schools and majoring and minoring and 'well, you're gonna do a science, right?'. This has been happening my entire life and honestly the pressure is unbearable. I get away from that every once in a while, and then in school, college is the topic. so, so often. For one thing, I'm not going to get into Cambridge. I'm going to be one of the few in my family for whom this is not going to be a viable option. It's gorgeous and amazing and I love it, but I'm not getting in. I've spent about five years getting used to that crushing fact. for another, I hate this whole 'you've got to be WELL ROUNDED' bullshit. Honestly, I do not understand this. At all. I'm pretty sure if I had one serious amount to contribute to one area(I do not, but bear with me), I wouldn't be terribly concered with, say, the school newspaper or joining a sport just to look good. and I mean Jesus Christ, people here are insane, looking good requires half your life time! and then there's grades! There's a misconception every minute of every day has to be spent doing something productive or else you're stupid and you will got no where in life. Such crap. Plus there's an idea that you should know what you want to do, because that's definitely a good idea at age 14. they're obsessed with college when I just want to never hear about it. Sometimes I hate the school system here. thanks, guidance counselors.

In Enironmental Science I got stuck up front and center, which makes me panic a lot. plus, I sit next to a girl I hate who, whilst being incredibly witty, could not be more disrespectful or annoying. I made an idiot of myself with moon phases--homework took six hours before, like I had time to concentrate on all that. the girls behind me are know-it-alls, not that they're especially smart in the long run. class ends early a lot, and this girl behind me NEVER SHUTS UP. it was her birthday a few days ago and she kept talking about the (Americanized) ITALIAN food her ITALIAN mother was making for her and blah blah blah something about a type of pasta that doesn't even sound real. she thinks she's so fucking cultured it makes me sick.

world civ the teacher hates me, like all teachers do eventually(I whine so much and am pretentious as hell). We're doing proejcts comparing renaissance people and people from the Islamic Empire though and it's so amaazing. today we were watching a video about Islam that's actually really interesting, but I could not keep my eyes open. I might have actually fallen asleep at one point. at least, I didn't seem to be quite in touch with reality. I'd say I kept drifting in and out of hallucinations, too, but one can't really know that for sure obviously. Plus, hallucinations at twelve oclock wouldn't make an awful lot of sense. and everyone in my class acts moronic, to be perfectly honest, and our teacher hates us so much.

English is hell. I got a 75% on my awful essay I wrote about my summer reading book, way back in September. ugh. Everything I write comes out sounding completely terrible. I hate it. and English is supposed to be like my favorite class. it's so boring right now. sooo much grammar and vocab--easy vocab too. everyone must know the words we have to memorize, it's ridiculous.

sigh sigh sigh. why does this happen at this exact point every single year? I think I honestly have very minor serotonin issues. all I want to do at school every morning is sit in the caf listening to Rimsky-Korsakov(Song of India is beatufiul) and hating everything. except like Tim Minchin. teehee.

Could I be more annoying?

oh yeah, last thing. Since I obviously post such classy, intellectual, fascinating blog posts like this, I figured, you must never bore of me, right?! so I got a tumblr. whirl awake again dot tumblr. it sucks, I don't know how Tumblr works, and it's gonna fail in about two weeks. whatever.

night. :D just under four months. I need a countdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment