Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Swan And Pedo

hello.

Today I woke up twenty minutes later than I'm supposed to. Just about caught the bus but it was close. You don't really need to know this but I felt it needed saying anyway.

There hasn't been a whole lot happening in the last few days but I felt I should talk here briefly anyway. NaNoWriMo is coming up next week and I'm gonna assume I'll be all like "School! Homework! Write! Sleep! Kill me now!", knowing me, and I'll have to leave blogging to the weekends. So, I figured I might as well drop in now before all that madness happens.

I am kinda looking forward to the madness in a weird way. I did succeed last year with my novel. This one will be longer but I'm a better writer and have a more concrete sense of what I'm writing about this year. It's overly sentimental and a bit fluffy but there's almost content in there somewhere. also I don't write fiction enough compared to journal-ish things and stupid/pseudo artsy/way too abstract things every now and again. So, it's a good way to exercise that not-so skill.

Music dilemma; should I put on Florence, or one CD from my 5-CD Disney boxset that I just rediscovered? That was my first CD obsession. I don't know why. I was never that 5-year-old who watched a Disney movie a day, or had one specific film that they watched every day for like four years. In fact I don't think I've seen several of the super popular Disney movies. I'm like a 21st century failure in that I don't watch many movies. But anyway, I was always endlessly fascinated with the music. I don't think I noticed at the time quite how obsessed I was with some of it. But I definitely was.

I suppose I have time for Disney tomorrow. I can't decide which of the five to listen to anyway.

I am currently in the process of trying to watch every Louis Theroux documentary ever made. honestly love that guy. I actually think I like documentaries more than movies.

Great. So I was the child who liked gritty BBC documentaries I probably shouldn't have been watching over, like, The Lion King? That's just bizarre.

I had a field trip yesterday! We went into Boston and looked and four typed of bridges. The Zakim Bridge and several others right by each other of different types. We were kinda lead by a weaselly guy who thought everyone was paying attention. I swear, I was! Sometimes! I was trying! But come on, they're bridges. There were like fifty kids there and it wads difficult to hear, too. Besides, I've randomly decided I kinda love Boston, and the weather was like 70 degrees plus and there was no rain like forecast. Who couldn't love a late-October day like that? I was far too distracted by pleasantness to look at triangles and all that. I got to eat lunch by loads of seagulls and the harbor. Amazing? yeah! Plus on the way back, me and a few people were doing those "If you were a--" type games. I didn't really like anyone at the trip, but those games are too much fun.

I did establish if I was a drink, I'd be cranberry juice. I w s kinda tapping too far into the questions and taking too long, but I think the juice question is the only one that makes sense. I don't know why I'm cranberry juice, but it seems to fit. Also I answered Germany to every country-related question. Germany rocks.

Only downside is I missed making salsa in Spanish(although the class was nice enough to dump all their random food waste into the bag I brought in containing chips and and stuff. It was supposed to be for the remainder of the food I brought in, to take home. Did I bring in a green pepper and a random satsuma? No I did not.). AND I missed a Science lab which isn't so good since I have to make it up after school tomorrow. Which is kinda very bad. But I did miss gym--always a bonus.

I have a geo. quiz tomorrow and a Spanish quiz tomorrow. Gonna fail both. Especially Geo. No time tonight to remember theorems! Spanish less so. I'm doing well in Spanish. I got an above-average grade on a quiz. Pretty effing amazing considering it's Spanish.

PEEP SHOW MOMENT/QUOTE OF THE POST;

Jez and Superhans have been given a pub by ex-owner and slightly manic friend Merry. They're having creative differences with its name.

"It needs to make a political statement!" - SH
"Does it...really?" - Jez
"Yeah!" - SH
"Okay...but, look...I'm just really not okay with calling it 'Free The Pedos'" - Jez
*SH looks taken aback*
"Why can't we name it something normal, y'know, like...'The Swan, and...Tomato" - Jez
"Yeah, yeah, or compromise! 'The Swan...And Pedo' - SH

<3

Florence Sunday. Can't wait. Halloween stuff probably. Movie night I don't wanna go to Friday.

Also, Uncool by Courtney Love? Total genius. Go listen.

I need to study. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment