Monday, October 11, 2010

Cool Weekend.

hello world.



guess what I just discovered? I got an A- in Spanish. Totally fine, but I FAILED PARTICIPATION. When I say failed, I mean failed--F. I've never gotten an F before. The teachers all threatened that they're serious about participation grades, but my Spanish teacher is obviously the only one to be following her own rule. Personally I don't understand the point of participation or its grades and it obviously hasn't affected my grade too much, so who cares? The fact that I got an F I find weirdly amusing. Haha!



this weekend in review; awesome. Like, best weekend of the school year so far because I really am that easily pleased. Friday I sorta did badly on an unfair Spanish quiz, did bad-ish on a science test although no one finished so we have to finish on Tuesday. My teacher was so annoyed by that and it was pointless for me because I will never understand projectile motion and all I have left are bonuses, which I can do because they're just pendulums and stuff. No big deal. Deserving of, say, a B at least. Geometry found out I did badly on a math test-79. Blah. Then we were given a project about bridges and talked about triangles. There's a bridge in Lisbon called the 25 de Abril Bridge. that's my birthday and I thought it was awesome so I hope I can do that one. And then I had last period study hall which is blisfully pointless on a Friday.



Came home, went for a walk in that lovely autumn breeze, and went to this theme park specially done up for Halloween this month with three friends. It was basically ridiculously amazing. Took us a while to get there(we had to sit in the car outside one of my friends house because she was doing errands when we got there!) and I don't really do rides. Or haunted houses 'cause I'm a coward. But it was so much fun. We took a picture in one of those cheesy photo booths, watched one of my friends be buried alive, made an idiot out of myself as I was chased by a guy with a chainsaw, suffered my way through a little bit of my first candy apple(never. again.), threw candy off the top of a ferris wheel while having semi-ironic Through The Grapevine discussions that were so High School, talked endlessly about hot guys, got lost in a house of mirrors, lost a game of air hockey, payed for absolutely everyone's stuff, ate too much disgusting popcorn, and had many an awkward hug. And just generally had a good Friday night with people I like, as opposed to a growing number of people I dislike in my classes, and spending Friday night reading and watching Peep Show.



Yeah. It rocked.



Saturday was my usual guitar lesson in the morning--working on Libertines, by the way--and then your usual afternoon, went to the mall with the same group of people, plus another friend, and one of their friends. No one is our group is necessarily a real sort of shopping addict but I have nothing against trying on a million knit hats that don't suit me or wandering(appauled)through Spencers. All your usual clothes stores. Saw nothing that I particularly liked and I don't need any clothes, but I did buy an Imogen Heap CD in FYE and I got a badge that says "Meh" in Hot Topic for my sister because it's sort of her catchphrase. All my friends know that, too. At one point we all met up outside Bertuccis and for most of us had our first experience of ordering at a restaurant without our parents. We shared a pizza and stuff and talked people at school and how I am like Ferb, among other things. Kinda a weirdly amazing experience. Oh, and I got a smoothie at the end of the trip. At home I watched Grilled Cheesus for the sole purpose of being offended, and then turned my friend onto Tim Minchin, sort of.



Again. Rockage. If you're okay with such stupid use of language.



Sunday I went to a fair with my family plus my sister's friend. It was your usual greasy all-American commercial setup but I guess there are worse ways to spend a Sunday.



Came home, watched a Richard Dawkins documentary and did a really short blo post.



And today had a slow morning(cheers, Columbus), went out in the afternoon to Barnes and Noble. I got another Ellen Hopkins book, something by Alice Sebold, a nonfiction music book, and something about Euclid and Geometry. Did math homework, researched bridges, watched Mock The Week, read for an hour, caught up on piano, went for another walk, obsessed over Biffy Clyro interviews, and arrived here.



In essence, it was amazing. Ah I love weekends. So much has happened that last week now feels like an eternity away and I don't wanna go back. Oh well. The whole of October is set to be great and this is a short week, so who cares?



Only thing worrying about tomorrow, other than the whole, you know, it just generally being school thing and I have a 'stalker', is gym. Trust falls were fun, right, I'll admit that and rarely will I admit that about anything school related. But tomorrow we're going out onto the adventure course and everyone's supposed to do it. everyone. My teacher says you don't have to do it; no, you're just peer pressured and egged on and mocked if you choose not to and you let your class down if you're the only one who doesn't. Yeah, that totally leaves it up to choice. The whole class is just BS, there's no two ways around it. I'm actually dreading it. My Plan is, basically, I'm gonna wear the longest, flar-iest, most ridiculous lyinappropriate jeans I own. Maybe if your clothes aren't suitable I won't be able to do it, or something? health and safety and all that. I don't do the gym clothes thing. it's always worth a go!



Now I'm just watching Biffy Clyro interviews. my TV is broken. Shooting Stars cold turkey. there isn't a whole lot to do.



Now I remember why blogging every three to four days created not the most interesting of posts. Which is weird due to what a great time I've been having. Huh.



Now I'm just gonna watch Biffy interviews because Simon is effing adorable. There's no arguing that.



And of course, not look forward to tomorrow.



But October, you rock. Just saying.



Oh shoot, I need to do some nanoplanning, for which I have a weak, almost plagiarised idea coming together. It's better than nothing! November's gonna be a mad, mad month. And I can't wait.



Anyway. Gotta go. See you, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment