Sunday, October 17, 2010

My God I Love Biffy Clyro

Hi.



Dear Self; Stop spending forty five minutes several times a day gawking over Biffy Clyro vids. The Biff rock and Simon's hot but yeah...enough is enough.



This weekend I did homework. More or less, that is it. I was doing my homework until midnight on Friday, through Saturday morning I did homework with a quick break for a teleconference chat with my entire extended family for my grandmother's birthday(awkward and stressful and nerve wracking? um. yeah.) then I did homework through the afternoon, then I went to the mall for three hours with some friends and bought a book and a smoothie and looked at weird/creepy/trashy things in Spencers, then I came back, then I had dinner, then I did homework then I went to bed. Then I woke up then I did homework then I had lunch then I did homework then I went to Staples to buy pens then I came home then I did homework then I watched a crap movie then I came on here.



My weekend, ladies and gentlemen. you didn't need to know this but who cares?



I've been working on bridges and Newton's laws. Two projects in a weekend? It is madness. This morning while writing about inertia I was reminded of a Prodigy song--Their Law. Fuck 'em and their law. Rather appropriate at that point. my bridge is the Akashi Kaikyo bridge--longest suspension bridge in the world--and the internet and the world is totally oblivious to this. Like, there was no information. It does not exist.



I really wish school would stop wasting my weekends. Monday through Friday is whatever, but these two days? no. They're mine. To be fair I did get assigned the bridge thing on Tuesday. shouldn't have left it until now.



I need to buy Infinity Land by the Biff. I do miss Biffy. I'm trying to work out I've they've sold out or not. Part of me wants to say no because the songs are catchy and fun and require talent. And they still like to run around shirtless and collect abstract tattoos and swear inappropriately in interviews and think they're Nirvana or whatever. But part of me looks at Simon's orange skinny jeans, their short hair, and the God And Satan music video and feels more than a little let down. Oh boys. What happened?

Just say you know, my brain does sort of break into impromptu rambles about Biffy Clyro on a regular basis. If this does not appeal to you, I suggest you leave this blog.

As for school this week, Spanish is super easy and we spent the whole week preparing raps(my group spent the entire time giggling about the word "puse") and then failed hopelessly at the performance. Geometry is easy too and we got to eat cake for no reason on Friday and all we're talking about is triangles. I was convinced I was gonna fail a quiz, and then it was straightforward. In Science we're talking about Newton's Third Law and momentum. Enough said. In Gym on Tuesday we had to move our entire gym class over a 12ft wall. I did it but I was pretty easy to get over and I'm not scared of heights and I'm so weak willed that if someone tells me to be pulled over a giant wall, then I will end up doing just that. Thursday Gym was fun. it was these sort of catwalks forty feet in the air. Obviously they can't make you do that so I ended up being around a group of girls who relentlessly threw acorns at each other.

What sucks is that starting tomorrow you're supposed to help. They've some system of collecting points by helping out. You're supposed to get ten points because they need to avoid people sitting there and, y'know, throwing acorns at each other. If you don't get your points then you didn't participate enough. I don't know how strongly they will actually enforce this rule but apparently I will be getting a zero. 'cause I am not doing anything. I'm just not.

I've finally gotten around to listening to Brandon's album. it's rather good. I love Only The Young. Nice synth work, dude.

I just realised that the new season of Peep Show begins on the day of the Brandon concert. Oh dear! Brandon I love your music. Mark Corrigan I love your brain. What's a girl to do? Well obviously I payed like forty dollars for that concert so I choose Brandon...but still....it's not fair.

I think I'm addicted to run on sentences. I think it was supposed to be ironic at first. It certainly isn't anymore. The thing with irony is that a.)behind every ironic action there is definitely some non-irony and b.)if you become too hooked on it the irony becomes irony no more. see, it's weird like that.

Oh dear. I apologise there isn't much to say. I think I might read the NME then watch Shooting Stars then go to bed.

Tragic how nothing ever happens, right?

anyway. Bye bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment