Saturday, March 26, 2011

even an end has a start

evenin'

so, the infamous science test turned out to be completely horrific, more so than even I could predict. We spent about thirty minutes on water and streams, and that ended up being about a quarter of the test. We spent about a week on soil, there were no more than ten questions. It was as much baffling as terrifying, really. A 60, please. I'm gonna do what mark corrigan does; beg to jesus to get me what I want, and say I'll beleive in him if he does so.

But really, que sera sera. Though I was on the verge of tears for a couple of hours after the test ended, I just don't care anymore. This test had been looming over my head for over a week prior and I feel completely free now that it's gone. hoorah, there goes my A in that class! Though I got a 100 on a project, so that's something.

It's so annoying to blog after a 'long time', isn't it? I totally I lose even the slightest bit of motivation to blog I might've had a few days ago. This weekend all I wanna do is watch Louis Theroux documentaries. it's pretty sad. You KNOW you're a freak when you obsess over a TV journalist. And when you're more into factual documentaries than movies. I suppose it's partially a British thing--shit, you can't watch the BBC and not get into those 'gritty' investigative documentaries, can you? I'm weird for this, nonetheless. Louis's awesome. King of the Awkward Stare. which is nicer for an awkward-starer veteran like me...I'm not alone. (but I'm not as nice or as clever as him)

It's ten past eleven so might as well do the usual School week run through, no?

In art we finished our op-art projects, and about time too, though I think I'll find myself saying this about every art project. Luckily we're moving onto what is essential just plain old drawing. Just plain old drawing is actually what I'm best at when it comes to art, largely due to there being no creativity involved whatsoever. Yay! It won't be too bad. I really just sit there and listen to other people and read and do the bare minimum and mute my perfectionist tendencies. Have to get a picture out of a magazine though, which isn't ideal. I found a nice one, but it has no real meaning to me and appatrenly this is all about these photos having PERSONAL MEANING to onself. Honestly I think I'll be hard pressed to find such a thing in National Geographic or the Delias clothing magazine.

Next year I kinda have to take two art classes which is so not fun. It's course selection week and I so far can't be bothered to put a shred of thought into this. I really wanna take Chemistry(junior class) as well as bio, but what with teacher cuts almost no sopjhomores get this. which is awful. (and we're concerned about a music teacher with THIS stuff happening? and the middle school is raising money for smart boards?!) I get to do photography, which is probably gonna happen but I still don't want it that much. Good thing is, I get a better gym option, one with a decided lack of sporty guys, competitive games, and, indeed, physical exercise. there are no downsides to this.

Health this week was an accuumulation of shitty things. I had to write a bs letter to a soldier and personally I find a written letter that has been forcibly written to pass a class is very condescending and honestly I'd rather there be no written letter at all. hey, that's just me. Then we watched videos that are all like DRUGS ARE BAD, DRUGGIES ARE STUPID, IF YOU DO DRUGS YOU WILL DIE DIE DIE THOUGH YOU ARE A WORTHLESS HUMAN BEING NOT WORTHY OF SAFETY OR SUPPORT OR RESPECT AND YOU PROBABLY GO OUT AND PARTY ALL THE TIME AND WEAR TRASHY CLOTHES CAUSE YOU'RE A TEENAGER ON DRUGS AND TEENAGERS SUCK DONT DO DRUGS KIDS. you know the type. We did the obligatory legalizing marijuana debate. I've become more interested in the issue since last time I've seen this discussed in school, and I've noticed a bizarre phenomenom. I'm in one of the most liberal states in the country, and yet when it comes to the drug topic, everyone seems to magically transform into a conservative and I look like fucking Ghandi. (did Ghandi have an opinion on this?) Of course, the 'legalize it' side was just me and a bunch of daredevil guys. (another thing. ladies, what gives? This was on a scale of 1--keep it illegal--, oto 10--legalize it--and I swear I was the only female above a five. huh?). It was actually very odd indeed. And I don't consider myself like super-super left-wing. when it comes to all the legalize/illegalize debates, I pretty consisently go liberal, but I'm not too big on environmental stuff and I think some left-wing war policies are a bit stupid and I'm far too misanthropic to be a hippie. (though as for equal rights for gays and whatnot, yes, 100%). All of the far-far-far-lefters get a little uncomfortable on this topic, it seems. I'm confused. Enlighten me? It was an interesting experience, even though I've never seen such a biased health teacher, and I do not think the fact that the idea of certain drugs being legal makes you squirm is a valid argument, and I do not think the teacher should treat it as such. give me your opinions, sure, debates are the best, but please find some way to back up your opinions first.

World Civ was a usual repetition of drawn-out subjects re the middle ages, attempting to break down the cardboard castles we'd half-heartedly put together last weeks(my group's had collapsed already), and watching people's crappy Feudalism powerpoints. I was given the job of presenting the slides done by the girl who wasn't there. actually, I wasn't as much given the job, my sleep-deprived and frankly painfully idiotic mind somehow imposed this upon itself. See, I hadn't seen the show in full, and I swear the info looked uncanilly like mine...I just figured someone had messed with the layout, seems reasonable, no? (why I have the brain to even, like, read and write is actually beyond me). I realized about half way through that this wasn't mine, and there's really no backing out then, is there? fuckfuckfuck. Presentations are always a nightmare for me so I honestly try not to laugh at other peoples. why you would, I don't know. But some people did. Screw them.

Which only reminds me of the arrogance of the people in my old science group, who boldly announced how they had no problems with public speaking whatsoever in front of me who, clearly, does. and I don't actually think it's some virtue to be able to do so. good? yes. vital? Obviously, that's hugely variable. But there were some series egos in this group, so there's no telling them that. And FYI, can we please clarify what 'good public speaking' is? Because I fear these prople are way off. Being able to project your voice as is necessery is good, not being scared is good, eye contact is good, however, saying loads of ums and waving your arms about and giggling and finishing with the infamous 'so...uh, yeah' is NOT good. I'm sorry, no two ways about that.

I had to have lunch with one of these narcissists on Wednesday, they switched the lunches around because people were doing state standard test things. A vegetarian who would announce it in a heartbeat, she looked condescendingly on the fact I'd chosen to eat a meat-based in an effort to, y'know, not be hungry. She also talked about the fact she knows the oh-so-obscure musical Hair and decided to sing, singing songs which specifically require a strong vibrato to sound good, one that most people do not possess. and she's likable?!

I finsished reading Oedipus in English this week and it turned out to be utterly brilliant though no one else seemed to agree with me. Never read a play I've particularly liked before, actually, never read a good one for school, anyway. I didn't much like a Midsummer Night's Dream, honestly, but what do I know about anything? NOTHING. Other than that it's all grammar and stuff.

I completely cannot recall about half this week, it's just all blurred together. Through a process of lack of sleep and extreme stress and mania, I got a bad headache and stayed off school Thursday. I haven't slept that long since June, I think. I'm totally out of it.

and oh yeah, I want summer nooooow.

We booked our plane tickets back to England, we're there for most of August which is good. I'm not spending as long in the area where I used to live which is a shame but it could be worse I suppose. I spoke to one of the people I'm going to V with today. I'm so crazy excited now I almost cannot contain it. Bring on summer.

Music wise, it's been a typical week of indie pop and electronica for me. Editors, the Naked and Famous, Oh Land, Alex Turner, the Rural Alberta Advantage, Silver Swans, Anna Calvi. good stuff. also getting into huge arguments on a pop-punk cover of Friday. I'd rather listen to the original.

Anyway, night

No comments:

Post a Comment