Tuesday, November 16, 2010

feckless with freckles and nothing to lose

The title is from Only Revolutions. Remember that amazing book I talked about last night? I went through quotes I found, last night, and found some beauties.



My mother's spending a week in England. Funny timing I know. I guess it doesn't have too many consequences other than I had to waste two hours of my previous time to go to the airport. Sigh sigh sigh. Oh NaNoWriMo, if only I didn't have to spend so much time writing for you every day, I might actually have time to write something halfway substantial here or update the crappy design of this blog. But alas, a half hour of this it is, and then to Spanish studying.



I'm gonna fail a Spanish test on Thursday at this rate. I don't know the words, let alone have time to study them My teacher gave us thirty questions that we have to have prepared answers for. Jesus Christ almighty, I do not have time for that.



I haven't watched Peep Show in days. Days! I did watch all of the first Lord Of The Rings on Sunday. Is it weird I'm in a Lord Of The Rings phase? FYI, that was my first proper fangirl obsession. So here's to nostalgia. I don't think I had the faintest idea what was going on when I first saw that movie, but I loved it. Now I notice things like "hey, Aragorn's pretty much the coolest guy ever" and "hey, the Orks have cool shoes, if they really qualify as shoes".



"It's okay. It's not a problem. I love her, she's going to kill me. Everything's fine". - Mark



Oh Mark, I know the feeling. I know the feeling.



I got my grades for term 1 today. An A 94% in Spanish, A 92% in Geometry, A- 90% on Science. So, good good good. Seems rather appropriate. I had a math test today which went fine, as far as I can tell. Aren't kites just the worst shape there is? I can't stand the damn things.



Oh yeah, I got a 90% on my science midterm which is a bit above average, and totally where I should be. Still, I loathe the idea of how big an affect it has on your grade. And electricity! I hate electricity! And research papers! We're finding out about that soon. What am I to do? I've no idea. I always do microbiology. But it's kinda dumb to do that yet again I think.



School play on Sunday. I wasn't gonna go but a drama person pressured me and I've become more of a recluse than I was before, so I was like whatever. It's Rent this year which I find exciting. I don't do musicals or plays or know anything about them, but this sounds good.



We went outside again in gym and we have to do zip lines and, oh yeah, no no no no no I am not doing that. Toooo much attention. That is not an excuse--that is the truth. This class can be lovable or detestable. I have cool people in my class. But at least it's not study--study is a blessing but all I ever hear at the moment is the annoying sophomore who constantly acts superior to us freshman, totally ignoring the fact that all the people his age look down on him. Plus, he gives us a daily dose of jokes that are racist, homophobic, xenophobic, self-obsessed, pretentious, and trashy. Always good to figt that political correctness, you know?



Here's one thing that bothers me; I'm not in health this semester but a lot of my friends are the topic is now sex. this girl I dislike--although we are misfits, so we accept we must stick together--was talking to this guy I dislike who won't leave me alone, about the class. How many times was the word "awkward" mentioned? That in itself is an overused word. But he was like talking about "the most awkward topic ever". Guess what guys? Penis vagina semen sperm clitoris estrogen testosterone eggs ovaries orgasm erection ejaculation STD herpes testes pregnancy sexual assault. Grow up.



America, when it comes to sex is stuck between being totally liberal and really freaking conservative. And I'm not talking individually, either, the country as a whole is just completely confused. I often wonder which is the better way. I mean, actually no, liberal is waaaaaay better(didn't see that coming, did you? Haha). Better I think if we get rid of these taboos that seemingly independent, intelligent fourteen year olds squirm*, things would be a whole hell of a lot better.



Anyway, now that that's done with, my blog is really shit isn't it? I know it's a journal, but...still. I need to make it decorative and pretty this weekend, if I can manage. Sigh sigh sigh. I hate my brain. It comes up with shit like this. And thinking about it, when did I regularly say the s word? I will fucing say fuck as fucking much as I fucking please, but I tend to shy away from the s word. My priorities are odd. ANYWAY,

I hate my blog. I wish I was, like, Tavi Gevinson but I am so obviously not. My blog is a freak, a social outcast. They say it's good to be unique but unique and shit is not a good thing, is it? The definition of unique is very specific, and often doesn't include fourteen year olds with far too linear-thinking brains who write endless, discordant nonsensey things every few days.





Anyway, I'm being distracted by some show that's trying to combine baseball and post 9/11 patriotism/paranoia. Not gonna happen, guys. Just watching this is making me angry. Why am I trying to be a bit, I don't know, stupidly politicized today? I should go listen to Faithless. I haven't had dinner yet, though. I'm tired as always. And my time is running out. Should probably go, gonna go listen to the Libs.

Bye bye.





*or perhaps the problem is pressure to be conservative about it? I'm not sure. I just had a Facebook discussion about defining gender and sexual reproduction. obviously this massive generalisation I am making about my peers does not include myself therefore I should not be one to make assumptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment