Wednesday, June 22, 2011

l.i.f.e.g.o.e.s.o.n. also hey it's summer.

I tried to title this with something not relating to summer, so I wrote the name of this Noah & the Whale song that I have a love/hate relationship with at the moment. but then I gave up. hey it's summer.

it rained all day. On the 2nd day of summer. Can you believe it? Today did not feel like summer at all. I slept for twelve hours, played Animal Crossing, read, and did online stuff. It was more than good, just not summer-like. It'll get better, no doubt. It's just that this time last year I was outside for almost all of the day. Not that I'm unhappy, mind you! I feel very good indeed.
Right now is great. All is great.

there's nothing better than getting a new edition of Q in the afternoon, and spending a night running through their entire 50 Essential Tracks to Download This Month. It's a shame my tastes seem to be drifting further away from my favorite music mag. I'm more NME than Q, ugh yuck I don't want this to be happening. It's just that I can't handle too much psych country rock. I'm afraid I really can't.

Oh yay, one of these is actually goooood. Really good. it's called Twice and it's by Little Dragon. 'Moodtronica' should actually be a new, official hipster-approved genre of music. We have 'tronica' that that and the other but there's so much of it nowadays, more specifics still would be helpful.

Music over summer is fun. I think I'm gonna reprise my Tim Minchin love, as I discovered him about a year ago and I used to go on walks listening to If I Didn't Have You and at night speak the words to Storm to myself in my bedroom until I had them memorized. I should order his new-ish CD, I really should. He has new merch, too. Yay merch.

And woah oh my god, Frank Turner wrote an a capella song about William II. Um, awesome? Yes.

ANYWAY.

turns out the last two finals days would be rather less unsettling than Friday's, which was very much a good thing. Monday I only had one final--Science. This is the big one. Thought it was easy enough...I found out my results the following day, I guess they were alright. I stumbled on the essay, only cause I didn't put enough effort into it beforehand. I gave up a few weeks ago. Finished well within the time and got out of there. I met up with a few people I vaguely know, some of them wandered off, so I went downtown with one friend. Along the way I met with four other people, three of whom I didn't even know, and we went to a convenience store and hung around there, and then to the library. We drew pictures and bothered the people working there. Then the people we met went elsewhere, and we found a group of four other people, and I actually know all of them so that was very much a step up. We went out for lunch(greasy pizza, woohoo), walked around town, got candy, went to CVS and met people, went to the park, and one of my friends climbed up a tree. It was quite funny. i guess I don't know these people well enough to start actual conversations(I don't talk very much.) but it was a whole lot of fun nonetheless. I didn't wanna catch the bus, so two of these friends walked with me as I found my mom and she drove me home. I'm gonna miss them. It's odd. But really, good way to end what was technically the end to work for the year.

Tuesday was just World Civ, presenting a project. No work required. I spent the morning with people I don't really know, and then went through a whole issue as I'd left my textbook at home. No matter, though. my teacher had brought his four year old daughter in so no attention was paid to anyone else. From where I sit I've no one to talk to, though, so that's a bit annoying. I didn't mind; I just wanted it to be done. My presentation was a train wreck; I couldn't see most of the powerpoint from my angle. Who cares! I was pretty freaked out but my apathy at the end of the school year almost overcame it. The bell rang and everyone scrambles to the door. End of the year. What a strange feeling.

I'm a sophomore, guys.

I met up with some actual friends this time and we went downtown. We ate out and then walked for ages to get to an organic food place, where we tried on straw hats and drew on each other in suspiciously lurid lipstick. Sooo much fun! Then later in the evening, the friends came round again and we made a cake for Brandon Flowers' birthday and played Animal Crossing. Also we did dares and mine failed so I ate a chocolate cupcake with mayonnaise and stuff in it. That is not deserving of a comment, mind. xD

Soooo, freshman year in review. How can I write anything without being overly sentimental? It is a tough thing to master, for sure. I'll say I had a good year. In fact, I'll say this has probably been my favorite year since, what, 3rd grade? Yeah, definitely. I liked this year. I wasn't completely surrounded by total fucking idiots, bigots, and people who made me feel terrible. This, I like. Also the teachers were, for the most part, good. at the very least they didn't hold onto the middle school mentality that we're also so special and unique and let's be creative rather than productive cause that'll totally help you out in the long run. High school it's like 'you're here, you work, you leave. End of' and because I'm pretty weird, I like that. I liked meeting new people. I liked study, I liked the Friday before Halloween, I liked lunch, I liked laughing at my geometry teacher, I liked clubs after school, friends, inside jokes, conversations in art, weird videos in health, laughing at my science teacher through the whole taxonomy unit, the panic everyone felt on a dreaded science test day and the frustration after they got their grades back, endless projects and videos in world civ, awesome books in english. mixed grades. late nights. shitty projects. shitty mornings. Pot Noodle, Shooting Stars, Peep Show, Fried Green Tomatoes At the Whistle Stop Cafe, Mark Z Danieleski, Nanowrimo, Halloween, ferris wheels, not enough snow and then too much snow, Christmas with my aunt and family, Nevermind the Buzzcocks, Tom Milsom, Tim Minchin, Florence & the Machine, fashion blogs, spring coming too late, Star Wars, the great Harry Potter reread, Black Swan, being cynical, angst, tumblr, Doctor Who' not remembering anything. but the people! They made it fun.

This whole year is actually just one big blur. I'm sorry that last paragraph was so shitty. I'm sorry this post is shitty. I'm sorry I'm swearing and I'm not being as happy as I should be with the arrival of summer. Whatever.

Point is this year has been fun and I'm happy and this summer's going to be fucking great(Niagara this weekend, England in August, V Festival, friends, YAY) and that I'm now going to do the one thing that truly means summer has arrived...

watch two episodes of Peep Show, in the early hours of the morning.

Hope all is well with you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment