Friday, June 17, 2011

Best Intentions Bring Joyless Droughts.

Forth day in a row of staying up until one oclock or later. Let's see how long this can continue.

In other words, welcome to finals week everyone!

Blogspot decided to fuck up for three days straight, which is why Thursday's post might not match up with, like, the date and stuff. I don't know how obvious that is. But there you go. Blogspot's being nice again. This is inconvenient, as I should stop listening to Elbow and work on a 50-question science review packet. This isn't going to happen tonight.

I have two days left of school. I am 1/3 done with finals. You know, finals are always absolutely bizarre. It's also the one way in which high school is worse than middle school, cause finals are crazy. And not just the manic studying and the sleep deprivation and what have you, I mean what the actual final days are like. All told, they're pretty relaxed. at least they are for the 2nd semester, as no one really cares as much this time round. I guess this is only my 2nd time with finals, but they're not something I ever see myself getting used to. it's just..odd. Especially the way you just...take a test and leave. In middle school, you actually get to say goodbye to everyone. This goodbye actually usually draws itself out over most of the month of June, actually. In high school, unless you have a super relaxed class, you only say goodbye to your friends, not the acquaintances. And you never really get to talk with your teacher, it's just like "have a good summer" as if you weren't even in the slightest way affected by the previous five months of the class. I hate it, it's mad. I'm the sort of person who needs closure over the slightest things. This is why I find final days unsettling.

I've just been in the weirdest moods for the past few days. Who knew something so trivial could make you feel so many stupid things at once? I didn't. Also, I'm absolutely the only one who feels this way. Guess what I'm gonna say for the first time ever in a blog post? I am going to miss school. There, I said it! See, I'm getting emotional over everything. "This is the last time I am in this lunch and laugh at the creepy pedophile-like teacher". "This is the last time I get a science handout back, and spend the following 90 minute class glaring at the unsatisfactory grade". "This is the last time the pothead in my art class mills around my table and knocks some one's portfolio folder to the ground in a fit of giggles". Stupid stuff like that. I've gotten like that about everything. I don't know why this is happening. Cause it shouldn't be. It's worse when it comes to people you like, though. Not friends, cause you can see them over summer or talk to them on Facebook, but those people who you sort of like and will miss, but don't really know very well. I have a lot of those. And what if we're never in a class together again? This is all I think about, and it's so saddening! I'm sure I'll come back in September and it'll feel like no time has gone by at all, but that doesn't stop any of this sentimental crap.

Okay, end unnecessary teen angst nonsense. Time to get back to school stuff. For...the last time this year. School ends tuesday. Like, woah. What will I talk to you about over summer? I've yet to decide. Probably random stuff. Or something. Anyway.

Art class is over. I had a lesson on Tuesday & Thursday, and the final 1st block on Friday. Sad? Yes. You've no idea. Funny thing is, I loathed this class. I was with two people at my table who I like, and that is what makes me regret stuff. I just drew my picture for the entire time, then started painting, and it looks bad, but I don't care anymore. We were gonna have a written final, but that never happened. I wasted time this morning, I was supposed to be doing shadows, but that never happened. We talked about my teacher's obsession with shadows. The class was half empty, as you didn't have to come in if you'd finished your drawing. I didn't finish, but half heartedly passed it in regardless. I hated my teacher so we didn't really say bye.

Health is over, too. I had that final right after art(while everyone else got to go downtown...sucks). We only had one lesson since my last post, where we just watched a documentary about bullying and then reviewed and got a little project back. Nothing much. The final today was extremely simple--100 multiple choice questions. As long as you show up to class, you're guaranteed at least a 95. I was finished within twenty minutes. I'm gonna miss this class.

After that final, I went with my friend in my health class to see her friends. We went to an area outside the auditorium and ate skittles. they're the sort of friends who are all fluent in Nerdfighter talk, and like to do little dances to demonstrate physics principles, and you're just standing there maybe they're too nerdy for you. or you're nerdy too, but in a very different way. Or maybe you're more nerdy. Basically, it was very nerdy. Plus even with the skittles it doesn't stop the area from being cold or gray or there being obnoxious junior guys with scooters. I didn't really wanna hang around, honestly, so I told my friend I was going. I'm not gonna see her again this year, apart from in passing. She's probably one of the people I've gotten closest to this year, soooo that was majorly sad. Luckily the cafeteria was bright and I found a whole bunch of people to talk to. An abundance of people, really. Plus I saw my English teacher and she called me over and she told me I was a really good writer and asked me if I wanted to be a writer some day or if she wanted to switch my schedule around so I could double up on English, and it sounds like I'm bragging but no one's ever really been that enthusiastic about my writing, so that moment rocked. it's ironic because my writing abilities go to the dogs on here. And oh yeah, grammar? Nonexistent. Anyway, I had 90 minutes to kill between then and my English final so I tried to plan for the essay while being with a few people, except the place was so busy and I moved between like four different groups of people because I wanted to see everyone. Got caught up in a theist-atheist debate at one point. Then was probably not the time to get involved in such matters.

English final was good enough. Grammar, literary devices, analyze a poem, compare two of the books we've read this year. (Talking about love and hate in Tale of Two Cities and Romeo and Juliet oh yeah my essay sucked but whatever I have like a 97% in that class). I'm glad that I'm done with that class, because it was stressful and the essays were also terrible, but I enjoyed reading the books and the people in my class were nice enough. We didn't do much all this week, just finishing up Romeo And Juliet. we had to draw a picture to represent a specific speech. And it's graded. This is not okay. Also I did a portfolio, which is four essays, in one night and stayed up late to do it and it sucked and I got a 98%. This is deserving of an evil laugh on my point.

My science final is on Monday. I'm scared senseless. I have like a 92% in that class and an A is 92.5% I will be so upset if I'm an A-. We have a full study guide for it, so hopefully things will turn out okay. As long as studying is my life this weekend. Just one more weekend, and then I'm done with studying for three months! I desperately want an A in this class, I have tried so hard. All we've talked about this week is weather. I paid too little attention. She announced class was over, and it was the most strange thing you could imagine. The class is hell and it's almost over. Never has anything in my life caused as much stress as this class. But, I'm gonna miss some people.

All we did in World Civ this week was work on our final project. It was kinda good, as I was done within two days and basically got to read and study all of Wednesday and Thursday. It's funny how no one cares anymore. Like, in the social studies computer lab the teacher has a computer and on that he can see what everyone else is doing on their computers, and in January this scared us, but now all people do is play Qwop and write messages to our teacher via this computer system, and no one thinks twice about it. It's pretty fun, too. Our final is the last one I'm gonna take, on Tuesday, though all we're gonna do is present our projects. We'll probably get done early. Definitely a good way to end this year. Have I mentioned I'm gonna miss this class like crazy? So many decent people in it. Tuesday doesn't even bear thinking about, how weird it's gonna be when I leave the place. Bizarre. After that I'm gonna (hopefully) hang out with some friends, and then we're gonna make a birthday cake for Brandon Flowers. Y'know, reliving 7th grade.

I really don't know why I'm missing everything, and everyone else is missing nothing. I don't understand.

It's good that it feels like summer for the moment now. It's Saturday now(I started writing Friday night, but took a break). I'm outside and listening to Elbow. They have a song called With Love, and it is so so so beautiful and bright, it is absolute bliss. Elbow are playing round here in September, but it's 18+. Guess that's okay. I'm hoping for them again for V in 2012. That is, if V happens in 2012. The Olympics are fucking around with a lot of the music festivals next year.

Speaking of V! They organized their lineup yesterday, so now I know who is playing on what days. They added a few more people, too. It's looking good! The only issue is that Saturday is pretty clashtastic. People really are too rude about V, though; a few good bands are better than sitting around in your house all day, right? Right! So, anyway, on Saturday, the main stage is Fun Lovin Criminals first(this could not be a more perfect way to start a fest), and then Ziggy Marley, then KT Tunstall, then Bruno Mars, then Lostprophets, then Kaiser Chiefs, then Plan B, then Arctic Monkeys. I'll stay for KT Tunstall, Lostprophets for fun, but then Kaiser Chiefs!! oh my god, Kaiser Chiefs have the main stage sunset spot--this is the best spot of the day! And I'm looking forward to them most! This is just perfect. I'm gonna go in the KC moshpit for I Predict A Riot. I'm not as interested in the 2nd stage that day,though Jessie J will be fun. It's problematic cause I wanna see Razorlight on that stage only they will clash with Plan B and I need to see him if I wanna get a good place for the Arctic Monkeys. And, trust me, AM are amazing live in small venues, so at a festival they will be phenomenal. This also clashes with Glasvegas on the 3rd stage! But I'll probably get see Katy B there earlier in the day. 4th stage'll be good with an early afternoon Alex Winston set, Frankmusik later in the day, and some Airborne Toxic Event and Gomez in the evening if I can catch them. As for Sunday, main stage is Imelda May, Squeeze, Ellie Goulding, Scouting For Girls, Manic Street Preachers, The Script, Rihanna, and Eminem. The first two are always fun, probably gonna wander for the afternoon and maybe get back for the Manics or the Script, Rihanna sucks live but whatever, and then I simply have to stay for Eminem, if only for the Love The Way You Lie duet. There's some good early afternoon stuff on the 2nd stage, then I'm gonna ignore my music elitism for some pop punk there later in the day, simply must see the Wombats, and then if I'm lucky I'll see the wonderful psychedelic 90s Trip Hop Gods that are Primal Scream doing all of Screamadelica. 3rd stage I'm definitely seeing Hurts, and would love to ironically see Duran Duran if they weren't headlining. 4th stage is good stuff throughout the day, including I Am Kloot and Stornoway. To be honest, there are clashes everyfuckingwhere but I'll live through it. Also I'm going with my usual group of people, that is my mother, my sister, my dad, my three friends, their mom, and whatever friends they bring along. It's tricky because, while everyone's up for AM on saturday, we'll be all split up over Sunday. I reckon I'll stay for Eminem, as will my mom and my other friend, my dad'll be at Primal Scream or Pendulum, and my other friends for Duran Duran. What a mess! But regardless, I'm excited. And if you actually read all of this paragraph, you are to be commended, my friend.

I reckon I'll blog here on Wednesday, to catch you up on all the various emotions and what have you after the end of my freshman year. Until then, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment