Thursday, December 30, 2010

You Mean Everything To Nothing But Me

Manchester Orchestra on really loud on the CD player, at night, it's not that late but everyone else has gone to sleep. I have concluded this album is amazing. It's a relatively basic, straight forward formula. I usually veer away from the term 'alternative rock', as we all should, unless of course you don't wanna have a music discussion. ie someone asks what music you like, just say alternative rock. such as at the dentist the other day. I realise I don't classify things by genre much lately. I just list bands. or songs. I'm a one track person. anyway, Manchester Orchestra are alternative with a bit of country, and a kinda delicate-yet-somehow-very-fulfilling-at-the-same-time production.



note to self; naming more than, like, three producers somehow makes you the god of music knowledge in this mad world. must remember. in addition, don't become so tired that you can't spell 'manchester' first time round.



I've been watching DVDs. Getting On series 1 is probably my TV hi light of the year. Or was it last year? that would make sense. Also, Mitchell and Webb continues to be absolutely extraordinary in a way I totally wasn't expecting. Heart David Mitchell. which reminds me, good god, as of tomorrow I'm gonna be behind on two episodes of Peep Show! It also means that tomorrow marks the end of Peep Show for another year. it went by so fast! Not fair! Every American show runs for like 3/4 of the year and a lot of Brit shows get 6 weeks(suppose we've got more stuff to fit in, as opposed to endless reruns of unfunny sitcoms and dramas so dull I question why anyone watches them at all. just saying). I'm on more of an anti-US TV rampage than I normally am. I apologise.


we got like a foot if snow, though not the 20 inches we were told of, and it was pretty fun. I love having my aunt here--I got silly vintage trinket things for no reason and went to the MFA. One of my trinkets is a skeleton key. and there was a coffee shop near the trinket place. dun dun dun. oh oh oh, and there was a Richard Avedon display at the MFA and it was sooo cool. I wasn't actually familiar with him beforehand but like everyone else I am a sucker for fashion photography and sleek art deco Parisians, so put together it was pure bliss. And I figured anyone who kinda revolutionised that is good in my book. I must look further into his 'work'(*shakes head in pretentious shame). my sister tells me I am a parsnip. today, I played an overly competitive game of Settlers of Catan for about five hours.

Everyone should listen to i Can Feel A Hot One. because it just came on and it's legitimately(sorry, I mean, 'like legit') one of my favorite songs.

so tomorrow is the last day of this year. oh this year. Tomorrow I'm gonna do a Top 40 which will actually take up enormous amounts of time, but I suppose I'll fit in some overly sweet nostalgia somewhere along the lines. Personally I'm a believer in The Music Speaks For Itself. 'tis a soundtrack of my 2010. can't say it's been a particularly good year or bad year. Was miserable through most of january. then I discovered Peter Doherty in february and he become an obsession. then I started wishing it was summer. then I saw Muse in concert. then, March slipped away. then, I saw Biffy Clyro. then somehow Biffy Clyro led into a few weeks of wishing really badly it was spring. then, it was spring and I slipped into that euphoria. then, school slipped by. then, I saw the Antlers. then I discovered Tim Minchin and listened to him for most of the summer. then, England happened. then, V happened. then, high school happened. then, stress happened. then, concerts happened. then christmas happened. then now.

that all sounded really depressing. trust me, I'm happy, in my own special way.

but tomorrow's gonna be amazing, though I'm frequently filled with a sense of impending nothingness afterwards. my aunt has to leave on Saturday. I love her to death and she kinda holds my turbulent family together these times. I won't see her again until July. then school starts Monday and it feels like it barely ended. I'm dreading it. Wow oh wow, am I dreading it. I normally like school until about now, and then it all comes tumbling down. I can't deal with the work load or the stress. and fucking hell, science! I'm gonna fail! like, seriously. no time off till february ugh, I dislike it rather a lot. I still feel half dead. wow.

I should go.

No comments:

Post a Comment