Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Leaves the Unbearable Music And Then Goes(He's Like The 1980's)

I finished NaNoWriMo. successfully. 50,004. Yaaaay. I'm pleased and a friend owes me a cookie for it. I was getting so tired of it. Now, I just have to get through Oh My God I Never Want To Write A Single Word Ever Again December. OMGINWTWASWEVD.



My first day of the month was met with a headache, a piano lesson, two tests, a weird gym class, too much homework, and an advent calender. Hey guys, 24 days until Christmas! it's shame I'm in the mood now, I'll be all vibed-out by the big day. I just don't want snow yet. The place I used to live in England got snow already, albeit a few centimeters and everyone's going so crazy. I love how the adults are all like "There is NO CONCEIVABLE WAY I can get through this inch of snow to get my kids to school!". they won the snow race for once. Good for them. They can take it. White Christmases are wonderful, but white Marchs are not.



So that's my thoughts on Christmas. Oh goodness, I want Peter Doherty's Book Of Albion. I'd die for it. That and, oh wow, I want a new romantic jacket. I found a purple one in my mom's closet(we're doing a fashion show in Spanish and our them is 80s. But that gets a whole other paragraph, nach) and it was cool, but of course I can never wear it for fear of humiliation. Because I'm dumb. At least I cannot wear it at school and whatnot. I want a black jacket with gold button things. OR a Libertines one, but those are probably super rare thanks to them. And I want high top Converse, either navy or olive. And, whoa, LEGWARMERS. I've no excuses for that. Why am I rambling?



I had the best piano lesson today--it was pretty fun, my teacher said I'm doing really well. So that's something. On the way back from that, it was raining hard and I listened to Peter's Grace/Wastelands. My rainy day music, but it rarely rains 'round here, since we're lacking in atmosphere( those sound like really shit lyrics in the first verse of a first song of an imaginery record. All happy-like). I like his chord changes.



my favorite keys are, major--F sharp. Minor--F sharp. I realised this the other day and I was like, hey, that's a bit odd. F sharp is both one of the happier majors and one of the sadder minors. They do their job. See Tim Minchin's F Sharp for more slightly self indulgent music nonsense.


Anyway, oh yeah, I saw Brandon Flowers on Friday and it was AMAZING. He played the entire album, which I believe is a first in a live show, and he looked amazing, and he's an amazing performer. And the whole flamingo hotel room stuff is silly, but lightly fascinating. I love him live--seriously, there's just so much energy in him when he's live, it makes the whole thing completely spectacular. Plus, he played Losing Touch, the first verse of Human, and BRIGHTSIDE. I wasn't expecting Killers songs, honestly, so I was in awe when I heard those. It's been nearly two years since my first Killers show. To hear Brightside live again is just weird. part of me is telling me that this is the song that kinda kickstarted my entire middle school music tastes, and that it's euphoric hearing again. Another part of me treats it as a totally different song, because so much has changed between now and then. Brightside is basically a song of memories for me. A Memory Song. They're so odd to hear live. Overall, awesome. I have photos to add somewhere when I have the time.

And I fiiiiinally saw Harry Potter.There are many other internet people to give your more interesting critiques, go read these. I thought it was overall quite good, generally true to the book, all the usual stuff was fine. The book's boring bits were in the first half, I thought, so it suffered from that. There were too many random awkward bits to try to lighten the incessantly dark mood. Also, I miss Hogwarts and all its various people. But overall not bad, not bad.

All I've done so far in school is almost fail two tests(probably), learn that my Spanish teacher's going to talk endlessly in Spanish, and suffer through gym. Fashion shows. In Spanish. Oh, hell. And 80s? I mean, come on, is there anything more boring? 70s pretty please, that's the best decade. Punk and disco and salmon pink, yesyesyes. And everyone in my group hates me because a.) I don't have half that neon crap and b.) If I did, there's no way I will willingly wear it in front of twenty other people. Mark Corrigan has talked before of "not wanting to die of anxiety" and it makes me smile, but that's my exact headset--this thing needs to happen without my anxiety killing me. And everyone's like "wear a leotard...and tights...and leather jackets...and those poofy shoulders" and I end up staring daggers and raising my eyebrows. Like, really? You expect me to wear those? No fucking way. Nooooo way. Growl.

And of course there's gym when I lately become treated as almost sub-human for not talking as much as other people. The Curse of the Introvert. Hey, I am kinda almost normal too. I do have a brain. So shut up. Four square and swear words under my breath.

Oh my God, Peeeepp Shooooww!! Oh My God oh my god oh my god oh my god oh wwooooooooowww. There aren't enough words to say my feelings on this. One, David Mitchell is still fucking adorable. Two, Jez and this new girl will be super interesting to follow. Three, SUPERHANS, I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH. Four, International Superhans Day should totally be an actual thing. Five, Superhan's Birthing Tips made my day. Six, I'm weird for knowing that the burger king scene was the first scene they filmed. Seven, the title is from the show and I love it. Eight, why is it when you think you know a lot about birth, there's always so much more out there to be learned? Nine, Sophie gets weirder every series. And finally, that last scene was wonderful. I've never seen mark happy...ever! It was so beautiful like that. I can't believe it. Made my day yet again.

Also, go watch the new Killers vid. Pleeeassse.

Happy December. 24 Days.

2 comments:

  1. I listened to the Killers song :D
    Also, I will make your cookies tomorrow night so they are sort of ok by Monday. Or I can just wake up super early Monday morning...
    Also, I hope the fashion show wasn't too embarassing. Though it probably was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    The fashion show was hell and a half. I did it before lunch, and spent the whole lunch period thinking of what the most cruel and painful and humiliating way for my Spanih teacher to die.

    She's grading us on our 'modeling skills'! Like, what the hell?

    Cool cool.

    ReplyDelete