Monday, January 30, 2012

so, guys

I haven't blogged in almost a month. Why? Time, of course. My lack thereof. And I can't pretend that I have any super interesting hush-hush-soon-to-be-revealed projects going on, either. it's just I'm always doing homework and when I'm not doing homework all I wanna do is watch Black Books and sleep and all. Also? I find the "hey guys, sorry it's been a while, I've been pretty busy but you know important things X, Y, and Z have happened" blogging style difficult because even that is an exaggeration of the excitement of my life. honest to god.

sophomore year was going well and then for whatever reason it just nosedived in the beginning of december or so. Maybe I'm not seeing clearly, but everything seemed to get a hell of a lot worse. then I wanted to do things even less than I did before. It's a fine line between being a little bit stressed while getting a little less than an ideal amount of sleep and, like, existential crisis. existential crisis is hyperbole, but you know, some things just weren't good.

the semester ended today. I've spent the last few hours listening to the Flaming Lips and trying not to come last place in rainbow road. I feel like i always have to be busy, so this is refreshing. Finals went decently. I unconsciously decided not to care about them at all, so I fairly comprehensively fuck them up in most cases. My English final was today and we had to analyze a Sylvia Plath poem which made me so happy oh my god those little angsty fifteen year old girl things. also Pride and Prejudice. is it worth reading because obviously I should read it but this just...wasn't for me? it was just at a party and I probably shouldn't judge it by that. also everyone should shut up about mr darcy being awful because i mean, yeah, that's true but everyone seems to suck. like everyone stop being so silly and dishonest at parties and everything. (damn my inner mr darcy? actually my inner mr darcy isn't very well hidden at all). hmmm. I need to read more, actually. It's my main goal of the new semester. I've had Dr. Sax (Kerouac) and two Nabokov books on the go for too long. Reading's tough because I need to get into a cycle to do it, you know? I like reading but I'm so far from being the most avid reader ever.

this doesn't relate at all to anything I have said or am going to say, but I saw Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy this weekend and it was very good. They did 70s Britain very, very well. anyway.

Tomorrow I have gym (so...we meet again...), chemistry, algebra, and spanish. I have study every other day. I'm hoping for an easier semester. the only thing that worries me is chemistry, cause it's a junior class and everything. I'm anticipating it either being considerably harder or considerably easier than I expect. So far I know three sophomores in there so far and not to be cruel or judgemental or anything (me? never!) but they're all dumb and awful and I hate them.

sadly, you might just be up to date on my life now. so why am I telling you this? because I don't know about the whole blogging thing anymore. I like blogging and I like writing and stuff, but I kinda wanna be more, like, mentally stable next semester so I wanna keep anything that might be an added burden away from me. I have a tumblr if it means anything? It's about as hipster as can be but I might update there. Also a twitter. I'm Tragic Eyes. I gave myself this name in 7th grade and have yet to change it. I'll certainly try to update here, god knows I want to. hell, next semester could be a breeze and I could be back here posting regularly. I don't know. I'll reblog sometimes, with something, promise. I hope to find some stability at some point.

so, yes, until next time, everyone. thanks and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment