Sunday, July 10, 2011

I'm never going to blog more frequently.

I'm never going to blog more frequently. That is just the reality of it. I thought I would, with more time on my hands this summer. Not gonna happen.

Summer is moving along at an alarmingly fast rate. We're coming very close to the middle of July; I cannot believe it. it's been very good, though, so far. Nothing really out of the usual I think to mention. I'm still obsessed with the Office, by the way. I've watched all the episodes like four times, I think. I dawned on my the other day how if the Office was never a think, but Martin Freeman and Mackenzie Crook were still famous, and if they got put together in a show we would all me exploding with joy in a very tumblr-like manner because they're so awesome together. We've taken for granted just how good they were in the Office. Ahhh, the Office. Okay, it feels really, seriously weird to say, but I think Peep Show's position as my favorite TV Show is being very seriously threatened. It's just hanging on in there by one or two of Mark's painfully-relatable one-liners, I think. I'm not sure what to make of this turn of events, especially because I've been obsessed non-stop with Peep Show for more than a year. That's saying something for me. I don't know. I just don't know, man. Having a mild existential crisis over a couple of TV shows is probably a bad thing.


Currently my favorite music is that of Sweeney Todd, Manchester Orcjestra(naturally), Robyn, Elbow(again, naturally), and a new addition--Laura Marling. I first listened to Laura, what, two years ago? and I wasn't terribly impressed to be honest. At the time I thought she was a fairly typical pretty girl + sadness + acoustic outfit. But no, go listen to My Manic And I. I'm not such a fan of Rambling Man but, yeah, go listen to that too. Might've taken me years to 'get' her, but it's happened. I couldn't find her first record when I looked but I'll get it at HMV in england. which reminds me, hmv is the best place in the world and I cannot wait to return there. The closing of many hmv shops is one of the saddest outcomes of the fast-dissolving music industry.

Today, I read for many hours and went for a walk and went food shopping with my mom. It's usual for it to be in the 90s around here. Very hot. I actually enjoy opressively hot. It's nice around here. I've also taken up to waking up and going to bed far later than I would like so the mornings don't really happen, but time runs away with me in the early hours of the morning.

Yesterday, Sunday, my family and I went to the museum of fine arts in boston. again it was very hot. Last time I went it was bitterly cold and fairly depressing, this time it was bright and crowded. At the moment they have this glass exhibition. Much like the glass museum I went to on the way to Niagara, I was surprised at how diverse and interesting the art was.* They had a room where the ceiling was all these flowering glass structures covered by a glass shield so the light shines through and it's like 'ooh, pretty colors shining everywhere'. Yep, my critical artistic analysis at work. we also looked at an exhibiton of two 19th century guys who did really macabre stuff, but also kinda like a fairy tale in nature. And African texiles and oh yeah something about a Japanese goddess. She was cool cause she was the goddess of knowledge of music and obviously those two are very rarely connected. A fun day. Then we went out to eat and what have you. In the restaurant my dad started talking about the shows I need to see once I get through my Office phase. Guess what? I have permission to watch The Thick of It! Fucking yes! I've seen like one episode and it was amazing and I need more but I wasn't sure my parents would allow, what with all the, to quote Malcom himself, "violent sexual imagery" in many an angry tirade. My parents are the coolest for recommending me a show because it has "all the things I like, such as foul language, sex, and generally disgraceful behavior". Woohoo!

on Saturday, I bought Bon Iver's new record. I've been hearing good things. Unfortunately I haven't gotten much of chance to listen to it yet, though. More nice weather and what have you that day.

Wednesday through Friday again were pretty nothingy. After buying the Office season two, I worked my way through the it all, as I've said, thinking it better even than the first season. The Gareth+Tim kiss, oh my god. And David begging for his job. The insignificant Tim and Dawn kiss and how depressing it was when that never worked out. But it was so, so clever that I cannot help but love it. my obsession oh my god. Gareth Keenan is the coolest. Anyway, the following day I just went clothes shopping, and I did nothing on Friday. Fun stuff.

The only thing I have to add in adition is that it turns out I'm going to a midnight showing of Hallows with my parents. Well, 12:04 technichally. I've never done a midnight showing before. This all transpired because my sister got a call from her friend, asking if she'd like to do a midnight showing of Hallows for the friend's birthday. And my sister doesn't remotetely like HP or anything really beyond skype and her the wii, so I was pretty pissed that she would be seeing it before me. I may not love Potter but I've read the damn books and have been actually looking forward to this movie. my parents were nice so they said we could get tickets--all the 2D were sold out so I have to watch fucking 3D, which I hate, but oh well. I'm excited! That's Thursday night/Friday morning. my dad thinks we should dress up as Middle Earth characters and be like 'what? this isn't the Hobbit, you say?'.

I'm off for now. Night.


*Also the artist himself is like Mad Eye Moody, from the inside out. He cannot see in one eye but, ironically, wears an eye patch rather than a glass eye. Cause, y'know, he's a glass blower? Right now I think this is mean I'm done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment