Saturday, July 16, 2011

I Confide In Wolves At Night

Hello all. Today my dad uploaded the 1st and 3rd Manchester Orchestra albums to itunes, so I get to own them in their entirity. The 2nd band where I have every single song of theirs on my itunes, I think. I may be mistaken. It's really odd listening to most of these not on CDs, not in relation to other songs. I do prefer them on CDs but this is a fun experience too. The title lyrics are from Wolves at Night, the first song on their first album.


I'm going to England in ten days and summer is absolutely racing by. Apart from its insane speed, this summer is wonderful. Summer is my favorite season and I would very much like it to last forever. I suppose it is weird that I'm thinking about school already, isn't it? and yet I am. Sophomore sounds like it's gonna be a fun year, or at least I will try to make it so. At least I'm not dreading September as much as I was last year. Although September's still a while away, so, moving on.


Today I went to a sculpture museum with my parents. it was decent, though a lot of it wasn't really my thing. It was largely outside, in the ninety-degree heat, so I moved like a snail through most of the place. Can't say it was a bad day, though. I went for a walk in the evening. How I wish days slow days like this happened all the time.


yesterday, I again walked out a bit in the ninety degree heat, but it was too opressive. In the late afteroon two of my friends came round. We played Animal Crossing City folk for the first hour or so, where we gave my character a hideous haircut and tried to catch insects for the Bug Off. Then, I introduced my two friends to the love of my life, the Office UK, and they liked it. I'm still obsessed. They seemed to acknowledge how great a character Gareth is. Also, it seems that the first episodes of both the UK and Us versions are almost identicle, which is a bit weird. I hope to show them the 2nd season because I find it superior to the first. Then, we played the Game cube version of Animal Crossing. Afterwards we watched youtube videos and ate pizza. It was a good day.


Tuesday through Friday of this week I did almost nothing. Went for walks. Played Animal Crossing. Read. Slept. I had a piano lesson--I'm almost done with Habanera from Carmen. I went shopping a couple of times, I think. I stayed in all of Thursday apart from Harry Potter. Yep, that's about it.


I listened to Bon Iver's new record for the first time today and I must say it is absolutely beautiful. An almost perfect record. I feel like I'm coming out of this year's electropop phase and jumping headfirst into a folk phase. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing, I couldn't say. I just think that more people should be like Bon Iver cause Bon Iver's wonderful. And more people should be like Elbow, as Build A Rocket Boys grows on me with every listen. And I'm obsessed with Beirut--they write wonderful folk music that seems to leap from every corner of the world. Lady Gaga, Manchester Orchestra, Eminem, Robyn, Cat's Eyes, Crystal Castles, Laura Marling, and Zola Jesus, too. I can barely contain my excitement when I think about going to England and going to HMV, and all the CDs I'm going to buy. Almost too many too keep track off, I'm sure!


Oh yes, I started reading Lolita this week. Nabokov is the coolest guy ever. I love the writing style and everything, it's a really fascinating book. Additionally, like any other teenage girl reading this, I've become infatuated with Lolita herself, in all her materialistic, swinginging sixties glory. How I want to listen to jazz music while chewing gum and painting my toenails bright colors. Perhaps it's an identity I will assume, briefly, one day.


Since this is such a short, shitty post I will post a song for your enjoyment.



Maybe when I write next, I'll have something to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment