Monday, May 9, 2011

relatively quick and messy post

Science quiz to study for (stressed? Why, of course) but I haven't blogged in a while. So this is gonna be a relatively quick and messy post. More messy than my messier-than-messy usual blogging style, anyway.

Weekend was wonderful! Started studying and the like--Saturday was a really, really nice day, went for a walk and some friends came round to watch the new Doctor Who episode. The episode was great, plus my friends are wonderful, and they like to play Qwop and go on Chatroulette and give STDs to my furniture. As for the episode, it was as great as I've come to expect. Thoughts--#1 PIRATES. I love pirates. Pirates are the best. Yes, pirates. #2. I want Amy's pirate coat thing...it's swishy and gray and unisex. I love all things swishy and gray and unisex, don't you know. #3. Lily Cole was every bit as boring as the witch demon thing as I'd expected...go back to just being a model, please. #4 Why does Rory fail so much at...adventures? Like, you'd have thought he'd have picked up some Doctor Who survival tips by now, but noooo, he just goes and gets himself killed by doing stupid stuff every other episode, and then through some inexplicable turn of events, he is revived. Some time soon when Rory dies, I want the Doctor to just be like ...'y'know what? fuck it. I'm done with this. Come on Amy, we're off, I'm done with this idiot'. See, I really do have a very serious case of If It's Doctor Who Without David Tennant and Billie Piper Then I Hate Everyone Involved. Which is...not good, but I can't help it. #5 Moffat is sooo good, we're three episodes in and I'm loving these plot lines more than I did in the last series. #6 I thought the whole concept of the Black Spot was really good...reminds me of something, though. it's probably super obvious but I can't remember. #7. The Tardis acting of its own accord...like woah, weird. #8. Totally didn't know what was going on towards the end with the hospital thing. #9. No River Song in this episode? Shame, I would've wanted her to be more of a regular this series round. #10. AMY, ARE YOU PREGNANT ARE NOT? LIKE, WHAT IS GOING ON?

Sunday I went to a Steampunk Festival with my family. Great fun, loads of hipsters in ripped tights and combat boots and the like. Got an overpriced but lovely nonetheless doll necklace. Because everyone needs a creepy doll necklace, no?

Health--Talking about AIDs again and again and again, over and over and over again. Got started on my Bipolar project, which is proving to be interesting enough so far...it's a shame the Secret Life of the Manic Depressive documentary isn't online in full. I hear it's a really good documentary, very informative and the like, plus it's got Stephen Fry in it! For one thing, Stephen Fry is delightful in just about any situation, but because he really doesn't talk about his Bipolar, it'd be very insightful indeed. Damn copyright laws, right? And apparently Jo Brand and Carrie Fisher, whom I both really like, are featured in the documentary too. It won awards! Damn you Youtube! Anyway in health today some cops came in with drug dogs(two Germany shepherds! I love German Shepherds.) talked about the usual drugs are bad etc. etc. etc. and then watched the dog go for one of the guy's arms. Fun. But cold first thing in the morning.

Art--I did nothing all week. Nothing whatsoever. I couldn't think of anything for the new project so I twiddled my thumbs and read and listened to the endless stream of stupid conversations that people at my table like to have. I have to come up with a theme tonight--four things that go together in a theme. Book covers? Album covers? Jesus, I don't know. I don't want to do this class right now. I get headaches and put everything off to the last minute and I just want to do homework instead of doing art.

Science--Taxonomy, going through all the phylums, looking at specimens of each(Worms! So many worms! I can handle just about any organism on the planet...apart from worms. That wasn't a good moment). We had a sub a few days ago so we just did a handout the entire time...and better yet, last week we had a firedrill right as the teacher was about to start talking! Fantastic! Everyone had resorted to despising this class. The hate that flows from my peers(and to some extent, me) is unprecedented in my school career so far. Like, when we had the sub, someone said "I die everytime I'm walking in the hallway to get to this class. And now...it feels like I've been reborn". And people sort of waved their hands and lost their minds like they'd just won an an award or something. Very confusing! But funny too. No one can even be bothered to hide their hate anymore. The teacher walks around and we openly discuss to our neighbors how we hate this class. I hate this class, I hate this class, and I fall asleep every day. Really. Plus, I have to worry about like I don't know, actually legitimately not failing quizzes. Most of the time in most science classes, if you at least shop up to class and stay awake, you're guaranteed to get at least a D-. Not in this class. Anything more than a 75 then you're labelled a genius. Rightfully so, to be honest. I typed up a sort of study guide for this quiz. Nine pages. Nine. And this was the most condensed version I could come up with. Nine pages, I know nothing, I understand nothing, I have no time for studying tomorrow or Wednesday, and if I don't convince my mother that I should get a day off school to study under the guise of 'I WILL HAVE A PSYCHOTIC MELTDOWN IF I GO TO SCHOOL TODAY'(I say guise when really...this isn't too hyperbolic), then I will...I...I don't even know. This is insane, guys. Absolutely fucking crazy. Lord help me, I'm losing my mind thanks to a science teacher.

Renaissance in World Civ! Finally! Blaise Pascal and Martin Luther and Da Vinci and yesyesyesyes so much fun! We got to watch a documentary about Martin Luther friday and today. He's genuinely one of my favorite historical figures of all time, so I really enjoyed how much we talked about that. We took a few notes and such. I barely consider World Civ a 'proper' class, it's such a breeze. Though--sigh--we'll probably get yet another project again soon...ugh, so many projects.

English! Tale of Two Cities! Vocab, analysis, looking for details that I'm pretty sure don't exist. Usually, I actually prefer reading books in class than reading them outside, for some reason. But this...this is just killing this book for me. I know, I just know, that if I was reading this outside of school, I would really like it. But in school there's so much pressure, not to mention so much homework and debating and things. My teacher takes being pretentious about books to a whole other extreme, trust me. Her and her unecesserily extensive dictionaries and Catcher In The Rye poster and fucking Wordsworth paperweights. Admittedly my comprehension of books is really shabby but this is just testing this too much. Oh and did I mention she never stops talking about the SATs. I just want to scream "I'm 15! We're freshman! Stop with this! We don't care! We shouldn't be expected to care! Stop!" Sighsighsigh. And I still have Tale of Two Cities questions tonight, no big deal. I'm gonna totally get the answers waaaay off from whatever Mr. Dickens intended(sorry Charles.) and we're probably gonna do a fishbowl tomorrow and she's gonna be like 'Why didn't you speak, Naomi?" and I'll be thinking "really, is the point of human communication to just ramble off about whatever nonsense pops into your mind? NO. NONONO. Because if you want me to just talk about the first thing that pops into my head then, yeah, I can do that, but as for it contributing to any sort of 'debate' about Syndey Carton or whatever, I can't guarantee that's gonna happen. So shall I just stay silent?". But really I'll just say 'I...don't know. I didn't have anything to say". And I don't know why I do well on essays or why I got 100% on my portfolio or why grammar comes naturally to me, sorta; BUT, I do know that I am going to analyze this book to death.

And then my angst makes me, like explode. Really. I heard someone say today "Science last block is so boring that it fells like I'm going to...explode" and I was thinking 'yes, I'm using that'. so that's what happens, everyone--I will explode.

Oh yeah, seeing Manchester Orchestra w/ Cage the Elephant tomorrow. Excited? YES. New MO stuff is so good, and I've decided Mean Everything to Nothing is one of my favorite albums. I'm not so familiar with CtE but I really like the new album and the one from a couple years ago(debut? not sure.) is okay too. Why CtE are opening for manchester Orchestra, and not the other way round, I will never quite understand. Sometimes at this venue the openers do signings after. Metting Cage the Elephant? I would die of happiness. Can you comprehend how adorasble Matt Shultz is? pfft, I doubt it. I'm so excited.

Also, I might be seeing Richard III in London over the summer with my mom and aunt. I don't really see plays very often...apparently both my parents 'had seen some Shakespeare when they were my age' so...I wanna go. But I wanna read Hamlet, really, and Macbeth, more than Richard III. Suppose I should read it first. Oh I'm so excited that I just might be becoming my English teacher.

I have plant anatomy to try and fail to understand. Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment