Saturday, April 9, 2011

you're at the age of not believing and worst of all you doubt yourself

so I am the only person in the world who totally adores Bedknobs and Broomsticks? Yes? I thought that much. Ignoring my synth-rock-trip-hop hipster tendencies, I totally just listened to a Disney compilation CD from start to finish. Remarkable, the ability to know this word for word after not listening to it for some five years or more. my favorite Disney soundtrack was always Brother Bear--then tarzan. Phil Collins you genius you. I wish I was a good musician.

I kinda wanna learn how to play some pieces from soundtracks on piano. Specifically Concerning Hobbits and Victory Celebration from Star Wars. And I wanna learn some Sweeney Todd stuff too. Y'know, Victory Celebration's one of my favorite peices ever, which if nothing else displays my profound ignorance of 'pieces'. The ending scene of Return of the Jedi I find sadder than any other scene in any other movie I've ever seen(strange, seeing as it's, well, a happy scene). LUKE BURNING ANAKIN. I cry at that. I'm bawling for most of Return. the only ever TV show scene I'ce cried at I'm pretty sure is the end of Doctor Who series 2. This speaks for itself, really, doesn't it?

This weekend was the first day it felt like spring. Had to brave the infamous shorts shopping fiasco that rears its ugly head every April. My pasty legs(or rather lack there of, y'know) don't wanna show themselves Monday morning when it's allegedly 'GONNA BE LIKE ABOVE 80'. That part of me does not like spring. The other utterly adores spring. Today, waking up, reading HP, playing badminton with neighbors(so she's like 10. so? I gotta give the 'loss of innocence' angst a break sometimes), went for a walk, et cetera. As far as my weekends go, this goes under the category of 'entertaining and almost productive'. Tomorrow I hope to go downtown and then bury myself under homework and Disney songs.

I have a week till April vacation, which'll be fuuuun. Doctor Who April 23rd, Easter 24th, birthay the 25th. Could that be any more perfect? This year is going by too fast sometimes, it seems. On Monday or Tuesday, I can't remember, V added some more people to the lineup--Chipmunk, the Wanted, Lostprophets, Good Charlotte, Noisettes, Kids in Glass Houses, Dionne Bromfield. Not super excited about any of these but a festival's a festival and a lot of people seem to forget that it's basically a weekend in a field watching live music with your friends, not something for grown adults to lose their heads over on V's FB page. Seems I'll be seeing an emo band this year. Huh. Oh well, I'm up for that if needs be...I actually rather wanna see at least ONE emo band just to...see what it's like. Preferably Good Charlotte but anyone works. Noisettes were fun back in '09 so they'd be good again, and Dionne Bromfield would be fun for a little break, in the little tent I assume.

School runthrough time? Well of course.

Art is still me drawing a prism. I got to coloring by Thursday! That was a good moment. Shame I'm limited to colored pencils. It really hinders what I can do, especially considering all that crazy detailed colored sections the picture has. Mine'll take forever. Luckily I sit at the table with The Art Prodigy who's days behind everyone else, so I won't be entirely alone.

In Health we finished the drug unit. We're onto the sex ed unit. Naturally my details of this are gonna be sparse, though I doubt I'm gonna freak out about this like I did last time the topic came around. (In 7th grade I titled a blog post "I Started Health Today o.O"). Though as far as freask-outs go, things aren't looking terribly reassuring. Our first activity on the matter was in the style of one of those get-to-know-you games teachers like to dish out. Y'know, where you're given a handout with a list of things on like "Has a birthday in April" or "Has travelled to Europe" and you're supposed to go around the room and find someone to sign if they've done the aforementioned thing. This activity is uncomfortable enough without things like "Knows where babies grow" and "is comfortable with their body". Hmmm. It's no fun studying for a male/female anatomy quiz--I had to hide myself in my room, all suspicious like. And we get bonus points for asking dumb questions about sex! Luckily I think she knows I'm gonna be quite silent about the whole matter. Good, good.

Science! Oh science! How I wish I could keep my eyes open to absorb some of your endless information! I got a 98% on a group project and continue to just scrape by passing grades for homework handouts that I don't understand one bit. my science teacher continues to bring in dead animal skins and skulls to pass around the class to an arry of screams and unhappy faces. There's a company that makes fake, plastic animal crap for science teachers. What do you say ayt parties when someone asks for your job when you're the guy who makes that stuff?

In world Civ we've got round to research for our projects about various civiliations/empires/whatnot in the Middle Ages. I was surprised to find out that France wasn't a TERRIBLEY interesting country between the years of 1400 and 1750. It has its fair share of cool stuff, certainly, but most of their events were to do with killing Hugeunots and going to war with Spain which is a little bit...eh. Research hasn't been too much fun. Neither is my group. One of them I sit with at lunch, I rather like actually, I'm with two other girls who seem daunted by the task of drawing a remotely detailed map of Europe, and who like to flirt with random upperclassmen when we're working in the library. I was even a little bit upset with the decent girl, who gave me some completely unworkable dimensions for a timeline. No matter, I will brave it on my own. L'etat, c'est moi.*


In English our student teacher continues to have no control whatsoever over our class. They frequently break into giggles over things and beg and whine to watch some more of The Minority Report--a movie which to be honest is doing nothing for me. I'm pretty sure I failed a test and a quiz because I barely studied, but I got an A on an essay so all is almost well. I was beginning to lose all hope in this guy's teaching abilities until, when some douchebag went on about how a counter(a vocab word) is 'a thing women work behind', he told him he'd take extra points off his quiz if he wrote that as his definition. The douchebag continued 'I thought you'd add points. I thought that'd be bro-ish'. Teacher: 'I'm not a bro'. Student raises an eyebrow. 'Not in that sense' says the teacher. I know the teacher's obligated to do this and I know The Douchebag's whole shtick is basically just getting a rise out of people to avoid writing notes, but...I thought that was cool of the teacher nonetheless.

Music--Metronomy, Biffy clyro, Atari Teenage Riot, jj, James Blake, Those Dancing Days, Eminem, Ellie Goulding, Villagers, Paloma Faith, the aforementioned Disney. I've fallen a bit out of routine with my music these last couple weeks, but I'm trying to catch up again! God music is great. And reading Harry Potter. and being so excited for new Doctor Who episodes you can barely stand it. And browsing obsessively through Comme Des Garcons pictures. And spring. And roaming Tumblr for pictures all afternoon.

Anyway, good night.


*Actually I think that would be a bit insulting to my groups' efforts beyond my own. I'm just the sort of person who thinks throwing quotes from French monarchs makes me sound smart. (it doesn't).

No comments:

Post a Comment