Friday, May 4, 2012

questionnaires so 7th grade

I love travelling internet meme questionnaire things, in all their self-indulgent glory. And since I was tagged in Kayla's meme, it gives me the perfect excuse to a.) talk about ME b.) not do my algebra homework and c.) introduce you all to kayla's totally awesome blog if you're not familiar with it already. It also confirms the fact that i'm still alive and reading kayla's blog since we haven't talked in like forever.

These are the rules:

      • Post the rules that are a part of this game
      • Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
      • Tag eleven people and link to them on your post
      • Let them know you’ve tagged them!
1.) . What accomplishment are you most proud of and why?
Okay at the risk of being really over the top I haven't really achieved anything notable yet. In England you have these secondary schools where the only entrance requirements is to do well enough on these exams, which I did.  There's nothing inherently admirable about it but it's considered to be in England. I'm putting it here because it took like 18 months worth of effort I guess? More effort than a lot of things I've done? Also I got a poem published in a local middle school magazine thing in 7th grade. This surprised me, which I guess I should have some pride in? And I guess I'm proud of getting through various rough patches just because.

2. TV or movies and why?
TV. I guess you could say that TV allows for character development in a way that movies doesn't, which makes sense. But mostly it's for the really shallow reason that I like comedy more than drama or stuff like that, and humanity has so far failed miserably at making even one good comedy movie, as far as I can tell. In my opinion. I also have a shortish attention span.

3. What is your favorite city in the world and why? Difficult to choose. I really like the idea of Edinburgh because the skyline is really nice and they have castles and stuff and it just reminds me of winter mornings. Never been, though. London has a nice familiarity about it, and I've been to Paris once and they just have the nicest alleyways and stuff. Also, Lowell, which may be weird cause I live like right next door to it. But there are all these decaying mill factories and it has a nice bridge and a graveyard and art studios and the whole Jack Kerouac thing is just irresistible. It is exactly how Jack Kerouac always described. You can get lost in it.

4. Where do you imagine yourself in ten years?
I'd be 26 so hopefully I'd be done with college unless i happen to be going any further with my education career. I hope i'd be happy and living somewhere that i haven't lived before and doing a cool job. I really don't have any big plans.

5. What is one of your more ridiculous or silly fears?
I'm pretty good on this front. I guess I fear things about myself or my future. I fear failure too much. Also, I guess it's not unreasonable to be afraid of being the only survivor in a plane crash in the middle of an ocean...but the amount of time i spend thinking about that scenario is a little excessive.

6. What is your go-to method of procrastinating?
The most unoriginal one out there, I'm afraid: tumblr.

7. What is your favorite word?I have a really small and terrible and not very interesting list of favorite words. I really like serendipity, surreptitiously, opiate, Dramamine, and metastatic. Those aren't very good.

8. Name a famous person who has changed your perspective.Wow this one's tough for me. People like...Kurt Vonnegut, Wayne Coyne, Poly Styrene, Alice Walker, Christopher Hitchens come to mind. At this point I should probably be more dramatically affected by famous people, but oh well.

9. Would you rather be overrated or underrated? Underrated. Being overrated would definitely have its perks, but I imagine i'd be plagued by the idea that no one really gets what i'm doing or what i am and i'd be scared to continue in case i did something to hugely disappoint everyone. Being underrated would make me feel more secure, i guess.

10. What do you think is your driving motivation in life? Why?
That is a very good question, one I'm not sure the answer to myself. I guess just the idea of working towards being happy or to reaching a better understanding on things and to getting a better idea of who I am and where I stand with things. I guess it's all a pretty juvenile desire to know things and feel comfortable. A better sense of identity and ideas that make me feel more valid as a person? It all just goes in circles! I think to call it some sort of a search for a better understanding would be best.

it's pretty late now let's see what terrible questions i can come up with

1.) If you could spend a day as any character in a book/movie/tv show, who would you choose and why?
2.) If you could remove any decade of time from history, which would you choose?
3.) What colors do you associate with the days of the week?
4.) What's your favorite area of science?
5.) Do you believe in absolutes?
6.) If you had to remove either all carbohydrates or all sugary foods from your diet, which would you choose?
7.) think of a dream you've had and write the first one that comes to your mind.
8.) How do you feel about yoga pants seriously just let loose your opinions on yoga pants
9.) What's your comfort food?
10.) If you could look like anyone, who would you choose?
11.) Major or minor keys? And if you have any specific key preference beyond that then say that too.

if for some reason you want to answer these awful things then a.) you have too much free time and b.) go ahead I'm not tagging anyone in particular just go right ahead.

I find I have more free time at the moment so I should get back to writing here more. it's been fun when I've actually had something to say. I'm going to a concert with my friend next week and starting drivers ed and stuff so i don't know there'll probably be some anecdotes hiding in there somewhere.

Good night everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment