Monday, May 28, 2012

i had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer

Apparently that's from the great gatsby. i don't know. it would fit. I like it because it's so insigificant, and really insignificant little bits from books are the best, no? Yes. I found it on tumblr, okay?

It's also not even June yet, so not summer either. it falls under the very skewed sort of artistic licence that exists just in the realm of teen blogging, I suppose.

It is Friday night and the beginning of a long weekend and i have no one to talk to and i'm very bored and don't know what else i could be doing right now, so I'm just gonna eat food and watch the quality of music depress as the night goes on. (we're at the pixies at the moment) (they're really good) (joining the consensus pretty late on that one, huh) (it's really awkward just getting into things that are really popular already, yeah).

And nothing has changed since I last really wrote here, of course. Lemme think.

There's about a month left of school, which is pretty mindblowing if you consider how awful this year has been, and how long it should feel, but how short it actually feels. September feels like yesterday. 'Worthwhile' would maybe be an apt word to describe this year...you know, SO FAR, as if the last few weeks actually mean anything. Worthwhile as in learnin' and change and all that nonsense. I don't know what this means or adds up to. I grit my teeth and admit this. I don't know what I'm talking about. the whole thing's a mess. ANYWAY the seniors left today they covered the atrium with plastic cups and squirted people with water all day. So that's the one more School Thing ticked off for the year.

update it's sunday night now we don't have school tomorrow so might as well finish this mistake of a blog post.

my favorite things at the moment are jack kerouac's mexico city blues, los campesinos, and still brass eye. those seven episodes of brass eye have kept me going for a long, long time, apparently.

Watched every Sherlock episode, reluctently resigned to thinking it's the Best Thing Ever. sigh. it really is quite remarkable. However, I can now confirm that the Sherlock fandom is Way Out There. we all knew that before, but it's much better now that I've actually seen the damn thing.

it was Eurovision night last night, and I was reunited with that once-a-year sense of pure self-loathing, as I sat inside in 80 degree weather at two in the afternoon watching two solid hours of europop with azerbaijani commentary. I just can't give up on the damn thing. It's very un-British of me. I miss watching it in England though. you miss all the excitement of it. I was just left with the online dregs, aka mild xenophobia and is-israel-in-europe-or-not arguments. Nevertheless--I persevere! I had no opinion on the UK's entry this year; I was just confused that Estonia and Latvia gave us some points. I wanted Russia to win like you wouldn't believe though--and they came in 2nd! You confuse me, Europe, you really do. I suppose the UK fails in just not being weird enough. (thanks for that, centuries of emotional repression). I love this nonsense far too much.

Mostly I was just amused that the British vote-presenter mentioned us as the "hosts of the Olympics 2012" which basically translates as "Screw You Guys, We have the Olympics".

So I'm really excited for the Olympics, which is weird cause I'm just gonna watch gymnastics or something terrible early morning in england whenever Jeremy Kyle isn't on. I just really hope it isn't completely terrible because you know it's england and i don't wanna be totally embarassed by it all? i should stop talking about england. but i can't. it's an i-miss-england day. that feeling is sort of all-or-nothing at the moment. in a month or so it'll mark five years of my living in this country. i'll write something semi cohesive about it then cause it's actually almost important enough to merit a full blog post!! mostly at the moment i just want to be in england and i want it to drizzle and i wanna eat bad british food and watch bad british tv and listen to bad british music and just absorb the englandness again.

and yeah I just want summer because I can't remember the last time I wasn't tired and I'm sick of the routine of it all sick of working sick of falling asleep when i want to stay awake sick of waking up sick of people and their facades and theatrics and egos and word vomit and oh yeah casual prejudices of every color every day and hating them is considered 'judgemental' hmmm

i'm confused by the way people throw away the word 'judging'. 'Don't judge me' 'you're judging me' 'you're gonna judge me but...' etc etc etc. i don't see what's wrong with thinking a thing if you don't express it. What's bad about making a judgement? as long as you don't act on it, and as you see it as fairly innacurate. i'm convinced this word means nothing anymore. asinine observations.

i've spent all of this month doing drivers ed. it's been tedious and has left me only with apathy when it comes to driving. too much goddamn effort? the whole thing's just weird. i don't know. i had thoughts about this but they're long gone, i guess.

this weekend i've been bored as hell i watched spirited away again bought the kerouac poem book thing it's really good I just love Kerouac? and today i didn't do anything it's been fun. speaking of books I read a bunch of other Vonnegut stuff, Cat's Cradle didn't really click with me too much for some reason but Breakfast of Champions was fucking fantastic. Everyone go read Breakfast of Champions. i've reached the point where i need to buy everything the man ever wrote because my brain isn't the same anymore, and it's fun. yeah. we don't have school tomorrow and i have to film a spanish project and sleep.


A few weeks ago I saw Florence + the Machine with my friend. We drove 2 hours to get there and listened to Glee covers and the concert was the most excellent thing imaginable? I'm seeing Radiohead on Tuesday, Laura Marling and Gogol Bordelo in June. The music of the moment is Smith Westerns(their first album is the perfect Summer Record), and the Pixies, and Washed Out, Los Campesinos(1st album), Cymbals Eat Guitars, the National, and a lot of that 90s guitar music that the cool kids like.

Right i'm gonna go and think about school ending and being in england, and i'll have moody british bands as my soundtrack, so goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment