Wednesday, April 18, 2012

i have nothing worth saying just so you all know

it's april vacation everyone. It's chiefly charactierzed by playing animal crossing, listening to Cymbals Eat Guitars, and eating too much. It's been good. I can't seem to sleep enough, which is tough, because damn am I tired. So yes. I don't have anything I want to do this weekend so staying on tumblr all day is pretty much okay with me. I've sort of lost the energy to do anything lately. I went out today, actually. that's it. I really don't wanna do anything.

since I last blogged I have
--1.) developed an insatiable desire to read all things vonnegut all the time forgive me. I am 15 years old and peuso-literary it was inevitable. (not that vonnegut isn't awesome) (he is). it's fun. i'm reading the Sirens of Titan at the moment. I like it a lot. I'm a sucker for authors that reference books in their other books. See, proof I don't read. All you readers are cringing but whatever I could end this bulletpoint thing with a So It Goes for good measure, couldn't I? I don't think I'm gonna. There.

2.) also read Pale Fire like wow Nabokov you kick ass at life I wish I was you.

3.) Read a book called Brief Interviews With Hideous Men by David Foster Wallace it's very very interesting you should all read that too.

(I should stop acting like I know what I talk about vis-a-vis books)

4.) Watched Brass Eye a lot. I say a lot. It got cancelled after 6 episodes in like 1997 or something. Nevertheless it is fantastic. I mean it's really something just for 90s nostalgia and anytone with a perverse interest in britcoms (hello), as far as I can tell. WATCH IT, THOUGH.

5.) got really excited cause I found out Armando Iannucci, the super awesome scottish comedy writer (or, as most journalists think he is best referred to as, 'satirist') who wrote The Thick of It, my favorite show in the world, wrote an American spinoff. it's called Veep and it's on HBO Sunday the 22nd a 10 oclock I think? Let me shamelessly advertise this, please. Then I found out my family doesn't get HBO. I don't watch TV enough to know this stuff. Now I can 'get the DVD for christmas'. So now I'm sad. Watch it for me and tell me it's awesome please?

6.) I saw Kasabian a few weeks ago. It was a very good show indeed. As for concerts, I am seeing Florence in a few weeks, Gogol Bordello in may, Radiohead and Laura Marling in June. I'm also seeing Matilda the Musical when I go to England this morning. It's winning awards all over the place, apparently. It's all very exciting I suppose.

7.) I should stop numbering these.

the weather got nice and stuff.

I watched miyazaki for the first time and now it's like the only stuff i want to watch.

i haven't seen the hunger games yet. i should see it.

School continues to amaze me in its awfulness. See, everyone says high school is awful and I breeze through freshman year wondering how that could possibly be the case, and then things really do turn bad and it feels like there's some self-fulfulling prophecy stuff going on and it bothers me. Really, though, it is actually terrible. I've dropped a whole letter grade in gym because everyday I'm faced at 7 in the morning with the choice between walking on a treadmill or reading Kurt Vonnegut and who can blame me for going the same way again and again and again? Chem is fine although the girl in front of me likes the show off her masterful skill in the area of fucking up my calculator's settings every single day, which frequently remains a problem for some time. I'm doing well in algebra it's fine. My spanish grade is hideous. We had 'foreign language week' this week; we got to sit in on a Chinese class. it was fun.

Oh yeah and now we have to select our courses for next year which is so much fun, of course. I'm doing Gym For People Who Really Really Really Hate Gym, an as-of-yet undecided science course (I wanted to take an AP if only because the non-APs don't interest me in the slightest, but I wasn't recommended for AP because my teacher is the sort of directly relates outgoingness with capability (see my last post)), boring old spanish, creative writing, a literature based english course too (currently deciding between whether I want to take a relatively easy course that allows me to read Steinbeck or a harder one where I have to read, like, ALL OF FRANKENSTEIN but that better prepares me for AP english), pre calc, psychology, and health and stuff. I have no idea why I'm telling you this. There you go.

This week I intend to sleep and everything. Everything's been okay, I guess. That's basically all this post is saying. I'm in a good place with new music right now so I suppose I'd better show you some of that. Have some songs that don't work together at all--

1.) Hey--Pixies
2.) Green Eyes--Wavves
3.) Cigarette Smoker Fiona--Arctic Monkeys
4.) By Your Side--CocoRosie
5.) Barbie Shit--Azealia Banks
6.) Lorelei--Cocteau Twins
7.) Voodoo Child--Jimi Hendrix
8.) Dramamine--Modest Mouse
9.) Sex Rules--Sky Ferreira
10.) And The Hazy Sea--Cymbals Eat Guitars
11.) Brave As A Noun--Andrew Jackson Jihad
12.) We Don't Care--Kanye West
13.) Brothers In Arms--Dire Straits
14.) Shine On Sweet Jesus--The Flaming Lips
15.) Kurt Vonnegut--Born Ruffians (don't roll your eyes at me!)
16.) Carry the Zero--Built To Spill
17.) Cut Your Hair--Pavement

good night all

No comments:

Post a Comment