Sunday, February 19, 2012

february vacation

here's how the last week has gone down: gave my self another migrane (read: a day off school), listened to Crystal Castles, watched all of The Thick Of It Again, watched my Don't Be So Stressed plan shatter, and felt completely overjoyed with the start of february vacation.

things are getting better at school, definitely, albeit at rather too slow a pace. ups and downs, you know. The was a marked different, a good one, between the beginning and the end of the week. The day off was the best. I don't know that I necesserily deserved it, at least physically (?), but it was good. I also missed gym that day!

This week in short(ish): gym getting better. Still have an irrational disdain for exercise machines, in principle and practice. I look hopeless with the machines because evryone knows I feel out of place. I'm willing to risk severe next-day muscle pains in order to complete the required machine work in the quickest and most halpfhaard way possible. Then you can go into the cardio (exercise terminology, yuck) room, where Big Brother doesn't watch you and if you're me you can annoy everyone by sitting on a bike and looking into the distance for the next half hour. the problem is the interim between the two stages. cause the exercise bikes are the only machines I wanna use in the cardio roon, see. You have these weird and unecesserily complicated machines that involve you slowlyl moving your feet uyp and down I can't even begin to explain and automatically make people using them look silly, the 'elipticals' that rud you of some autonomy because yo're upposed to use your arms and legs, treadmills I loathe because they're the most obvious and energy consuming of the bunch, rowing machines are ridiculous, and they have this thing that makes you like eight feet off the ground and it's like an escalator and everytime I've seen someone use it they've almost flown off. Death by Obscure Exercise Machine is not desirable. so, exercise bikes, except their are only four of them? I looked confused beyond confused and aloof beyond aloof in the twenty minutes I wandered aimlessly between the two rooms waiting for one of the fucking bikes to open up. hmmm. yes. gym gym gym. also my teacher tries to be all friendly with everyone, far too much so. an irritating type of teacher, certainly. just leave me alone.

I was in a chemistry lab and the girls I was with spent the entire time talking about how their mothers ae encouraging them to go tanning in preperation for prom. Sigh, juniors. also we weighed pennies. I do not understand.

I dunno when I became a bad mathematician, but apparently I did. it's sad cause...I mean...algebra isn't the most uninteresting thing in the world? It can be fun sometimes? it's cool cause sometimes it's mindless repetition, sometimes it requires genuine (low-level) initiative and stuff. I dunno. Math, guys. pretty sure I did horribly in a test this week. C-range. Found out this is the first time my teacher has taught this class, so figures. I will be leninet with her. We've had a whole couple of classes just doing review and it's been really relaxed and fun. During the test someone started singing Jar of Hearts, starting off humming and building until belting. It was remarkably well done.

Another failed Spanish quiz, first speaking quiz too, listening to more bad Spanish pop songs, more forced talking ('mingling'), and so on. We had to make cartoons this week. i guess it was fun because it was low-key and ended the week. i guess.

I suppose I will make myself less stressed...at some point. I really do think it's important to see that happen. I'm just really tired and fighting sickness all the time and having existential crises during chemistry labs. I dunno.

february vacation could not be more timely. I guess i have a specific list of things I wanna do this week and i guess I'll achieve none of them. I wanna read and listen to music and watch movies and sleep and stuff. I'll never do all of that as much as I'd want. Also we're going to New York next weekend! We're seeing Richard III and I suppose doing some generic tourist-y stuff. I'm excited to compare winter New York to summetr New York. And road trips are genuinely one of my favorite things in the world. There's just something about them. I'm so excited.

An interesting thing is there's no snow on the ground for the first february I've been here and I want it to stay that way. I don't like winter much. Also it's weird to think I went through this huge Peter Doherty phase like this time two years ago. Doesn't seem like that long ago. This is the first february since I've lived here that I haven't associated with either Peter Doherty or being miserable. hmmm.
I started reading Slaughterhouse Five this week. I like it so far. This is my introduction to Vonnegut. God I feel so behind, at seems like everyone loves Vonnegut. It's really interesting. And I'm talking like...it parallels obsessions with One Direction and the Hunger Games and stuff. The fandom itself is impressive enough. Dammit I never read anything I'm so goddamn illiterate, I just wanna spend the entire week reading reading reading. Also watching the Thick Of It because it truly is the best show out there right now. Every line is clever, i think. I can't wait till it returns.

Msusic: Laura Marling (the most recent album is glorious and she is brilliant). The Flaming Lips still. Finally listened to Girls and they're basically the epitome of 2011 Surf Pop but some of their stuff is kinda interesting. I don't always get surf pop and it seems like everyone else does. M.I.A. is wonderful and I don't care what anyone else thinks. Pink Floyd, surprisingly, I will listen to Dark Side of the Moon this week. Smashing Pumpkins, just Mellon Chollie and Siamese Dream though. 9those two are more than enough). Janis Ian is interesting. Yuck, who sound like bad Dinosaur Jr. but oh how I love them.  and Crystal Castles! Wow I looooove Crystal Castles. you should totally get their debut because it's extremely good. Best electronica band out there right now, by far. I don't suppose that's saying much, judging by their competition. But believe me, they're good.

Right that's it for now I'm sorry I'm so boring but the blogging oppurtunity was there and I seized it. I'm off now.

No comments:

Post a Comment